Salary - £31,000 to £32,000 per annum
Working Pattern - Monday to Friday - 08:30 to 17:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HGV Driver Trainer who takes pride in providing excellent customer service and has a passion for working with the best.
Based at our Worksop Branch you will be reporting to the Training Manager and you will have the opportunity to support a range of learners with a variety of training solutions to internal and external clients over a range of subjects. There is a requirement to travel throughout the UK and occasional European travel.
* Plan and implement driver instruction as required by the business
* Deliver practical and theoretical instruction to attendees of Scania driver training courses
* Deliver driver, periodic CPC, first aid and other in scope training as required
* Be responsible for the completion and submission of all necessary course documentation
* Upsell training courses and work to assist in maximising customer take up
* Manage the administration process and complete all necessary paperwork and submit as required by the business
* Provide professional coaching using the GROW model
* Be responsible for vehicle daily checks and maintenance routines required for the fleet
* Market and communicate and sell the training services available to prospects in your area
* Liaise with the line manager regarding course development, organisation and delivery
Key requirements for the role:
* Experience within a similar business or professionally driven an LGV for a minimum of 5 years.
* Full clean driving licence
* Be a DVSA registered instructor or be capable of delivering B+E, C,C+E & D Training
* The ability to provide an effective training and development service
* Ability to demonstrate good communication skills
* Preferably an understanding of administration plus good analytical skills
* Previous training experience preferred (practical and theoretical)
* Strong computer literacy in particular Microsoft packages and the ability to learn new software packages
* Will be required to travel throughout the UK to deliver courses as required
* May on occasion require some European travel
* Use own initiative
* A flexible approach
* Scania product knowledge an advantage
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, Childcare Vouchers, discounts on major Retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer first, Respect for the Individual and Quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**