4 months ago
Job Title: Development Technician
Department: Design & Development
Location: F2, Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Chief Engineer
A vacancy has arisen within the Design and Development team for a Development Technician.
This will be a practical hands on role, which will require drive and determination to see projects through from concept to conclusion with a minimum amount of guidance.
Given the access to and awareness of Triumph’s new models that will be worked on, the successful individual will be expected to sign and abide by a non-disclosure agreement.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Maintenance and servicing of all types of motorcycles.
• Strip and rebuild of prototype and pre-production and production engines and chassis.
• Preparation and maintenance of bikes, engines and components for road, track and rig testing.
• Meticulous record keeping.
• Recording and feedback of information and observations on motorcycles and testing direct to Engineering teams.
• To provide on and off site testing and motorcycle support, with occasional overseas travel.
• Must act safely and be responsible for the safety of others.
• Must be able to follow and help develop work procedures and internal standards and feedback recommendations.
Essential skill requirements:
• Extensive experience of engine and chassis build.
• Sound technical knowledge of motorcycles.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal to provide feedback to Engineering teams.
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
• Good IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Full car and motorcycle driving licence.
Desirable skill requirements:
• Ability to work with databases such as Microsoft Access.
• Previous experience in a workshop environment.
• Fundamentals of Health & Safety in a workshop environment.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Student Loan Repayment Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.