Join a Great Place to Work® and lead support one of our 110+ vehicle dealerships with operational finance
We are seeking a Dealership Accountant to join Marshall Motor Group’s Skoda division, based at our Skoda Letchworth dealership, but with responsibility for both Skoda Letchworth and Skoda Harlow. You will work as part of the dealership support team, and also as a part of our retail finance division, and will support the dealership with day to day financial reporting and processing. Offered on a full-time, permanent basis, this role reports to our Franchise Financial Controller.
What does a typical day involve?
- Produce management accounts as required by the dealership leadership team
- Assist in forecasting activities for your assigned division
- Respond to queries from the dealership leadership team relating to financial and accounting matters
- Provide day to day leadership to a small team of accounts and administration professionals
- Liaise with divisional and group level accounting staff to ensure a consistent approach
What are the required skills and experience?
To be successful in this role you will be a qualified accountant (or qualified by experience) with experience within an automotive dealership. As we use CDK/Kerridge, experience with this software would be very beneficial. In addition to your previous experience you will demonstrate the following skills:
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Leadership experience with the ability to motivate and influence others
- An analytical mindset
- A commitment to the Marshall Values of People, Customers, Integrity and Innovation
Why Marshall Motor Group?
Marshall Motor Group is a multi-award winning company with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Recently being recognised by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the UK’s Best Large Workplaces, we have approximately 4,000 colleagues and a turnover of over £2billion; we are still growing! Benefits available to our colleagues in addition to generous salary packages include:
- Colleague discounts on new and used vehicles, parts and servicing
- MAVTA reward and recognition awards
- £600 Colleague Referral Bonus
- Marshall Rewards discount shopping portal
- Life assurance at no cost to you
If this sounds like you, please submit your application today to be considered for this exciting opportunity