Our client, a large Motor Trade dealer group is looking for an Automotive Dealership Accountant based in the MK postcode area of Buckinghamshire. The salary on offer is a £50k - £55k basic plus the benefits of a Company Car, Private Health Cover and 22 days holiday per year.
* Have you got Motor Trade Accounts experience?
* Are you an experienced Accountant with at least 3 years' experience working at Accountant level within a main dealer?
* Do you want to work for a growing company where you can have a real input into the daily running's of the company?
If so please read on...
Our client is only looking for a charismatic, self motivated, accurate and hard working Automotive Accountant who is business minded. You will need to have the ability to produce accurate and meaningful accounts along with all other relevant management information on a timely basis and a detailed and accurate Balance Sheet Reconciliation file every month.
This role is not for the faint hearted. You need to be a real go -getter who will implement and maintain control, be respected by the staff you manage and get stuck in.
You will be tasked with ensuring that the postings made by the Accounting staff are accurate and are carried out on a timely basis, to ensure that the records reviewed by the Directors are up to date and meaningful.
Some of your duties will include:
• Preparation of accurate and timely dealership accounts
• Maintenance of good credit control
• Maintenance of sound accounting procedures and systems
• Assisting other managers with the financial management of their departments
• Preparation of annual budgets for submission to Head Office
• Submission of Weekly Operating Controls to Head Office
• Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
• Payment of monthly PAYE to Inland Revenue
• Review of payroll output
• Maintenance of company asset register
• Review of new and used vehicle stocks on a regular basis
• Day to day management of finance department personnel and vehicle administrators
• Recruitment and training of administration staff
• Preparation and submission of monthly dealer composites to manufacturers
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm.
You will need to have experience of using both the Kerridge and Drive systems.
This role will only suit top quality, fully qualified Accountants who have experience working within the Motor Trade. If you are not fully qualified and have not worked as an Accountant in the Motor Trade before, please do not apply.
For further details on this role and other jobs in the motor trade please contact Adam Curtis of ACS Automotive Recruitment Consultancy.