My clients require a COMPANY ACCOUNTANT for their busy motor dealership group based along the West Sussex Coastline.
The salary is £37500 PA with a fully expensed car which will be a low BIK vehicle, plus a lap top and phone.
The Company Accountant will be responsible for the accounting functions of several dealerships, representing multiple franchises. The successful candidate will be comfortable with a shirtsleeves approach and will be prepared to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to fully support the Finance Director.
Key responsibilities are:
• Ensure accuracy of bonus accounts, warranty accounts and commission accounts for several dealerships and that they are regularly reviewed and reconciled;
• Accruals, prepayments and other balance sheet accounts for a number of dealerships;
• Accurate and timely entry of several journals for the wider group;
• Review of monthly management accounts at dealership level to ensure accuracy and completeness;
• Prepare monthly composite submissions for several dealerships & franchises;
• Carry out regular vehicle stock checks and supervise parts stock checks at dealerships;
• Prepare monthly reconciliations of manufacturers statements;
• Assisting the Finance Director with year end reporting and other reporting tasks;
• Supervising staff at Accounts Assistant level and sharing in the responsibilities of day-to-day office management.
The post would suit an individual looking to make a long-term commitment to a very successful company.
Applications are sought from candidates who can display previous experience in motor trade accounting at a suitable level, hopefully with CKD Rev.8 knowledge. The role would suit part qualified or newly qualified accountants although these accounting qualifications are not a prerequisite of the role should the candidate display suitable previous experience.
If you have the required skills apply now for an early interview.