Commercial Management Accountant Required - Midlands area. £40,000 + benefits
Our client is a well established, growing, profitable, privately owned £35 mil turnover group, selling an enviable range of truck, light commercial vehicle and trailer solutions whether it be new or used to buy, lease, contract hire or rent. The Group also provides an impressive range of aftermarket solutions including vehicle repairs, bodyshop, livery / signage and on-board technologies.
This is a new position to assist all Directors and Managers in rationalising and improving current commercial reporting systems and processes within each business and as a Group. You will assist with the formulation of appropriate KPIs and measurements to define, align and monitor objectives maximising on delivering Financial, Commercial and Operational excellence.
It is expected the successful Commercial Management Accountant will be able to deliver;
· Improvement in performance monitoring, e.g. targets and tracking.
· Provide a ‘Business Partner’ service to the executive leadership team, Directors and Managers.
· Develop our ‘reporting suite’ to provide managers with clear real or near-time analysis
· Develop commercial KPI or such dashboard monitoring by individual, team and business Groups.
· Consolidate and sense-check Group plans across departments and vice versa.
· Develop and update company project plans and progress reports.
· Develop dynamic budgets / refresh rolling forecasts, business or project plans
· Measure, monitor and benchmark performance against competitors, suppliers, clients etc.
· Ensure monthly timetable, reviews and actions are adhered to
· Support all departmental managers with commercial or operational development.
· Be a support to the finance function when required.
The Commercial Management Accountant requirements;
· Able to establish constructive working relationships with professional colleagues at all levels
· Have a pragmatic and calm approach and able to handle pressure in an ever changing environment
· Be very hands-on, (Excel advanced, macros / VB) and very IT literate.
· Strong numeracy, literacy and communication skills.
· Have a technical accounting knowledge preferable part qualified or finalist
· Have knowledge in sector that delivers an exceptional level of customer care would be an advantage.
This is a growing company that offers an excellent opportunity to an ambitious individual that wishes to make a difference and progress their career.
This organisation would consider flexible working hours for this position.
Interested candidates please forward your CV to Mike Jones at mike@ mwnrecruitment.co.uk