7 months ago
Commercial Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship Scheme 2018
in Partnership with DAF Trucks and Skillnet at Bristol College
(Minimum GCSE Grade C / 5 (or equivalent) required in Maths, English and ICT)
A NUMBER OF OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE AT:
ASHFORDSTROODSEVENOAKS - AYLESHAM
Channel Commercials PLC is a leading commercial vehicle dealer providing sales, parts and servicing for DAF Trucks, LDV light commercial vehicles and vans in the South-East.
Our 3-year manufacturer’s apprenticeship scheme will enable you to train to become a fully qualified Commercial Vehicle Technician. You will learn to:
* Test commercial vehicles and diagnose faults
* Service, maintain and repair commercial vehicles, using specialist equipment and tools
* Interpret and follow technical service instruction data
* Maintain a safe working environment
The programme consists of hands-on commercial vehicle workshop training, as well as study through residential block-release at the specialist DAF Trucks College in Bristol.
Weekly Wage: £168 based on a 40 hour week Mon-Fri
Why become an Apprentice at Channel Commercials PLC?
* You will receive an industry-wide recognised qualification
* It’s a great opportunity to learn industry-specific skills while developing a career for life in Commercial Vehicle Repair and Maintenance
* You will be paid a wage whilst training
* Full employer and manufacturer support and training will be given
* After successful completion of the apprenticeship program, there may be an opportunity for a permanent Commercial Vehicle Technician position at one of our successful depots
* Must achieve a minimum GCSE Grade C / 5 (or equivalent) in English, Maths and ICT
* Will be hard working and committed to succeed with the Apprenticeship
* Have the ability to complete work to deadlines and follow instructions
* Will be honest, trustworthy and willing to learn
* Have a positive attitude and be motivated to progress and develop their skills
* Have a mechanical aptitude and good at problem solving
* Are interested and passionate about becoming a Commercial Vehicle Technician
If you would like to apply
for the 2018 programme, please email your grades (or predicted grades) along
with your CV to
this role requires manual handling).
The closing date for applications is 30th June
Please refer to our Privacy Notice before submitting your personal data.
£168 per week