Commercial Vehicle Painter
Salary - £23,500 to £26,000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Working hours – Early / Lates – 06:00 to 14:30 / 13:30 to 23:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Vehicle Painter to join the busy Sheffield branch.
Based at our Sheffield Branch you will be responsible for spray painting customer vehicles and/or trailers to the highest quality standards.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
* Spray paint all makes of vehicles and trailers which may include:
* Prepare and paint whole vehicles
* Prepare and paint vehicle panels
* Assist with estimating process
* Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises
* Liaise with parts department to attain parts
* Liaise with paint supplier to attain correct paints / materials
* Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to at all times
* Ensure appropriate clocking is made and all job cards are completed in a timely manner
* Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness
* Maintain a thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses as required
* Adhere to environmental guidelines and ensure all substances, spillages and waste are addressed in the correct manner
* Ensure all work is undertaken in line with the site Permit conditions
Key requirements for the role:
* Technical qualification for vehicle painting
* Current driving licence
* Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines
* Ability to work under pressure
* Ability to actively seek solutions to problems
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Good verbal communication skills
* Excellent customer care skills
* Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks
* Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements
* Computer literate
* HGV licence
* Fork Lift Licence (FLT)
* Experience on Scania product
* Main Dealer experience
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, childcare vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**