Contract Type: Permanent
Excellent earning potential
Market leading employee benefits
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
Your role as Business Manager based at Teeside Volkswagen will be to support the Sales Team to identify, based on individual customers suitability and requirements, appropriate vehicle, funding and additional products if required. You will ensure the sales process is fully compliant whilst meeting agreed profitability targets and providing customers with a premium service throughout.
· Responsible for building and presenting deals to the customer following qualification from the Sales Team
· Understanding all aspects of financial and insurance product regulations to ensure accurate information is given when negotiating a sale
· Naturally building rapport with customers quickly and easily and able to treat customers fairly
· Monitoring finance performance against budget; identifying and addressing shortfalls
· Assisting management in planning, forecasting trends, and revising plans for the dealership on an ongoing basis
· Working with management to coach and develop the skills of the team to achieve business objectives.
· Qualifying customer's demands and needs so the customer can choose the most appropriate product (s) for them
· Logging all activity to monitor performance, measure outcomes and provide regular feedback to the General Manager
What we're looking for:
· Previous management experience gained from within the automotive industry is essential with evidence of successful completion of a recognised industry Business Manager training course
· Demonstrates the ability to works well under pressure
· Excellent relationship building, customer facing and negotiating skills.
· Proven track record in successfully coaching developing people
· Organised; can manage conflicting demands
· Honest, respectful with strong sense of integrity
· Reliable; meets deadlines without compromising the quality of work
· Maths and English Highers or equivalent, grade A*- C
· A full and valid UK Driving Licence
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.