Euro Car Parts, Team P R Reilly
Founded in 1978 by Sukhpal Singh Ahluwalia, Euro Car Parts Ltd, part of the LKQ Corporation, is the largest automotive aftermarket specialist in the UK. We employ 11,500 employees with over 300 branches, 14 hubs, 4 National Distribution Centres and our Head Office functions in both Wembley and our new premises in Tamworth, as well as Technical Sales Trainers and Specialist Teams.
We distribute parts for all makes of cars and light commercial vehicles and have over 140,000 different stocked part numbers, significantly exceeding our competitors and this number is constantly growing.
At Euro Car Parts we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset. They make the difference between good and great. In our branch network the General Manager is one of the key roles for Euro Car Parts, ensuring that the branch team are fully aligned and driving sales and representing ECP professionally when dealing with all external and internal partners.
· We have c.4,000 delivery vehicles operating in our branch network, making c.82,000 branch deliveries per day
· From our Midland’s NDC’s we travel c. 31,500 miles every night – equal to travelling around the world every night
Job Title: Business Development Manager (General)
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
“As the Business Development Manager you are specifically accountable for delivering Sales and Margin growth for your customer base. As the expert you are responsible for building and maintaining strong customer relationships within your targeted territory”.
Fully responsible for all sales, margin and customer service levels within your assigned area focusing on our extensive programme of Car Parts and Accessories.
You will be responsible for the implementation and delivery of the ECP Team P R Reilly business strategy within your territory by:
· Creating strong leads and opportunities
· Identifying existing, lapsed and new business opportunities within branch specific geographical areas.
Your role will include delivery on KPIs and in agreement with the Regional Sales Manager and Group Sales Director.
You will be responsible for conducting customer account reviews with the branch management team on a monthly basis focusing on:
· Monthly spend
· Maximising key product group opportunities
· Potential spend and business opportunities
Your role will be to act as a key member of the ECP Team P R Reilly Business Development Team, actively demonstrating the standards, behaviours and values of the team to drive effective teamwork across the business
You will be ensuring that all transactions with customers, head office and business partners are done with the highest level of integrity.
· Able to develop sales strategies and tactics within your required territory tailored to deliver growth within the customer’s specific product groups.
· Proven ability to communicate effectively with Branch, Regional and Senior Management.
· Able to build strong relationships with suppliers, field based trainers and product managers.
· Able to effectively analyse management information systems (MIS) and sales data.
· Commercial awareness, strong awareness of competitor activity and market conditions.
· Able to influence the branch management and sales team.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Entrepreneurial attitude and a good team player.
· Strong training and presentation skills.
· Able to work under pressure and deliver on deadlines.
· A customer focused approach with excellent selling skills is essential combined with the ability to communicate to all customer groups and build strong relationships across the region.
· Should be smart, dynamic, aggressive, performance oriented individuals with strong negotiation and selling skills to be successful in this position.
· Extensive experience with customer account management, including term management.
· A track record in delivering sales and margin growth within a business to business environment.
· Experience at finding and developing new business.
· Should be able to implement and manage marketing campaigns both internally and externally.