Marshall Motor Group have been named as the highest ranking automotive company in the Great Place to Work® for 2020.
We are seeking an Assistant Bodyshop Manager to join Marshall Motor Group’s Bodyshop in Cambridge. This role will see you lead day to day operations for our busy bodyshop, supervising and motivating a team of experienced bodyshop professionals. Reporting to our Bodyshop General Manager, this role is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
What are the key accountabilities?
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of qualified and apprentice bodyshop professionals including panel/paint/smart repair technicians
- Allocate work orders to technicians, and manage technician clocking on/off, and rostering
- Ensure workshop operations meet brand standards for quality by conducting regular quality checks on completed works
- Provide hands-on assistance with assessing vehicle damage as required
- Drive bodyshop profitability by ensuring maximum time save and upsell
- Provide outstanding customer service to bodyshop customers both face to face and by phone
Do I need experience?
To be successful in this role, you will have experience as a supervisor/manager within a bodyshop environment. Whilst not essential, any experience you have with bodyshop estimating/VDA work will be highly regarded. In addition to your previous experience, we are seeking individual who display the following attributes:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team
- A professional and calm approach with strong customer service skills
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to foresee potential barriers
- A commitment to the Marshall Values of People, Customers, Integrity and Innovation
Marshall Motor Group is a multi-award winning company with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Recently being recognised by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the UK’s Best Large Workplaces, we have approximately 4,000 colleagues and a turnover of over £2billion; we are still growing! Benefits available to our colleagues in addition to generous salary packages include:
- Colleague discounts on new and used vehicle purchases, parts and servicing
- £600 colleague referral bonus
- MAVTA reward and recognition awards
- Marshall Rewards discount shopping portal
- Life assurance at no cost to you
If this sounds like you, click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your application.