9 months ago
Application Development Lead
We are seeking an Application Development Lead to join our team here at our EMEA HQ in Bracknell.
As an Application Development Lead you will take technical ownership of the application development of the relevant product / portfolio / end to end platform.
You will manage a small team of developers to perform the technical design, implementation and developer testing of software to meet the goals of your application portfolio, interfacing with business analysts, project managers and testers.
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* You will be responsible for the day to day running of an application development team that is responsible for the design and development of ABG EMEA's application portfolio. This includes responsibility for solution design and standards.
* Application development for the technical product. Within ABG EMEA’s application portfolio. This includes:
* Accountable for planning and managing day-to-day activities associated with design, development and maintenance of business applications
* Ensure adherence to SDLC on all development projects
* Resource Management including working with Strategic partners
* Ensure adherence to enterprise systems standards to provide the flexibility to meet future needs.
* Corporate Governance:
* Understand company policies and procedures and operate within the guidelines.
* Comply with regulatory requirements
* Within Portfolio work with Application Development Management team to ensure:
* Applications that perform within agreed service criteria
* Implemented applications that do not have more than agreed level of priority bugs
* A development team that operates as part of OneIT irrespective of location
* Rationalisation and standardisation of toolsets and methodologies
* Quality systems delivered on time and on budget
* Systems & enhancements that meet full DLC & SDLC requirements that are fully SOx & PCI compliant
Skills and Experience
* Substantial development experience with enterprise applications with significant experience in either the Java / J2EE / LAMP environment / .Net framework
* Experience of leading a technical team
* Significant experience of delivering software solutions in a commercial environment
* Work experience in a complex international environment interfacing to business and IT leadership
* Experience in retail, travel, logistics or transportation industry
* Good understanding of development costing and budgeting
* Degree level education preferably in an analytical field such as engineering, computer science, or maths; alternatively a relevant BA degree with strong background in Information Technology or appropriate lead IT role in digital environment.
Please apply for immediate consideration.
Apply now via the button below!