Searching for Driver Jobs? Well let us guide you through some of the requirements for the role and what you can expect in a Driver position.
The good thing about most Driver Jobs is that there is always going to be a demand for them. So if you like being on the go and love the outdoors then a Driver's Job is for you.
There are many different areas that fall under the Driver's Jobs category, the main areas being:
- Delivery drivers
- Taxi drivers
- HGV drivers
- Logistics Jobs
- Courier Jobs
- Transport Jobs
All of these areas are different, however their main duties are often the same and all include driving a vehicle from one destination to another. Other duties may include the following:
- offloading products from the vehicle to the store
- ensuring the safety of all passengers
- planning routes to minimise time or to keep to time constraints
- reading in depth documents to verify the goods being transported
- assist passengers when embarking and disembarking
- perform safety checks to vehicles
- maintain cleanliness of vehicle
A Driver Job Salary can vary significantly depending on the area you go into. The average salary for Delivery Drivers, Taxi Drivers and Courier Drivers is around £12,000 to £16,000. However, this can increase as the more hours you put in the more you earn.
The average salary of HGV Driver’s starts from £18,000 and can go up to £22,000 depending on what type of goods you are transporting.
*Data gathered from InAutomotive records for the 12 months previous.
The working conditions for all Driver’s Jobs are generally good, however you will be required to drive for long periods of times meaning that you can become restless.
Driver’s are expected to work in no matter what the weather so road conditions can be tricky so its important that you are always alert. They normally do an extended working week of around 40-50 hours including the weekend.
What You Need
The bare minimum you need for all Drivers jobs are the following
- Full, clean and correct driving license
- Good level of maths and english
- Good eyesight
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent driving skills and road safety awareness
- Enjoy driving
Other requirements such as specific license and good health may come into place when applying for certain roles.
If this sounds like the job for you then you are in good hands as we have plenty of Driver Jobs, browse below now, Whilst you’re here make sure you set up email alerts for this type of job.