Email me new jobs like these
Job Title: Motor Vehicle Technician Job
Location: Rainham, East London, GB, RM13 8HY
Compensation: £38,404.81 + up to £7,371 performance bonus + 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF34447
At Babcock, we’re creating a safe and secure world, together and you can play your part. As a Motor Vehicle Technician with our Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) team, you’ll support frontline officers by servicing MPS vehicles, helping to protect the capital. Join us and you’ll be part of an international aerospace, defence and security company with a leading naval business. Our aspirations are big – and you’ll make them possible.
Babcock Metropolitan Police Service
Babcock supports the UK’s largest police service, the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS). Serving more than eight million people across one of the world’s most dynamic and diverse cities, the MPS keeps London safe for everyone.
We service and maintain over 3,500 MPS vehicles from specialist workshops in Rainham, Park Royal and Woolwich.
Join us as a Motor Vehicle Technician and you’ll be part of a highly skilled team supporting the Metropolitan Police Service behind the scenes. By servicing and repairing MPS vehicles safely and efficiently, you’ll make sure the MPS is there for London every day.
Day-to-day, you’ll diagnose faults and test vehicles using our state-of-the-art equipment. You’ll also service, adjust and repair components and accessories, reporting any defects. As you work, you’ll complete warranty job cards and make sure technical service information is implemented. With officers depending on us for reliable vehicles, high standards are essential.
• City & Guilds or NVQ levels 1, 2 & 3 (or equivalent)
• Proven working experience with a manufacturer or dealership
• Ability to obtain Metropolitan Police Standard clearance
• An understanding of the manufacturer warranty process
• Experience using diagnostic machines and understanding of diagnostic processes
• You must be able to achieve the appropriate level of Security Clearance
What we offer
• Annual performance bonus
• 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays and the ability to buy or sell holiday
• Opportunities for enhanced overtime
• Open to flexible working and alternative work patterns
• Matched contribution pension scheme starting at 4.5% with life assurance
• Enhanced Occupational Sick Pay (Up 20 weeks’ full pay and 20 weeks’ half pay, depending on length of service)
• Training and development opportunities
• Wellbeing centre supporting physical, mental and financial well-being
• Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and Share Ownership Scheme
• Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
Our partnerships in defence and emergency services protect communities and save lives. We lead with safety in all that we do and ensure that everyone goes “home safe every day”. The work we do is critical and keeps the lights on in the face of destabilising influences. With so much at stake, it’s vital we work as one.
Our shared Principles – be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind – guide the way we work. They also inform our drive to secure the planet’s future by reaching net-zero carbon.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive.
We are collecting this company information for you and we'll make it available soon.