Searching for an Account Manager job? Then let us guide you through some of the requirements for the role and what you can expect as an Account Manager.
If you are lively, always up for a challenge, don't mind working to targets, can keep to budgets and meet deadlines then this type of job could be for you.
As an Account Manager your main duty will be to provide exceptional customer service. You will do this by:
- following up on customer enquiries, liaising with different teams such as, engineers, suppliers and subcontractors to make sure customers' demands are both met and surpassed.
- maintaining and developing existing relationships whilst creating new ones
- effectively managing any conflicts that arise
- establishing budgets with both client and company
An Account Manager’s salary usually starts around £25,000, however this can increase depending on incentives such as commission from meeting targets etc. Some salaries surpass £45,000 when targets are met. A job as an Account Manager could lead on to roles as prestigious as Account Director and Regional Account Directors depending upon how big the company is.
This is a very creative role as you have to come up with different ways to make new and maintain old relationships. Time spent in the office will vary on whether you are talking to clients over the phone or face to face as this job requires both. Most Account Manager jobs operate a normal working week of 8-5 Monday to Friday, however if a deadline is looming you may be required to stay after hours.
What you need
To be considered for most Account Manager roles:
- You must be confident and outgoing
- You must have excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- You must be well presented
- You must have a good business mind and be able to work to budgets
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You must have a clean driving licence
- You must have a driven attitude when it comes to selling
It will stand you in good stead if you had a bit of sales experience, as quite a big portion of this job is negotiating with both, clients and suppliers to get the best deal for the business. It also consists of upselling current customers and providing quotes that will effectively drive profit to the business. By doing this you will earn commission on top of your salary which is always a good incentive if you are a driven individual.
If this sounds like the job for you then you are in good hands as we offer plenty of Account Manager jobs, browse below now, Whilst you’re here make sure you set up email alerts for this type of job
If you can't find the one you are looking for why not check out our friends at Simply Sales Jobs for loads more to choose from. Good luck with your job search!