Searching for Auto Electrician Jobs? Well let us guide you through some of the requirements for the role and what you can expect from as an Auto Electrician.
Due to the innovation of motor vehicles in the modern day, Auto Electrician roles are becoming more and more popular as cars are moving towards being fully electrical.
The main duty of an Auto Electrician is to repair and fit electrical systems and components in many different types of motor vehicles. They do this by following the steps below:
- Take various readings from the engine's electronic control unit
- Use the readings to find the fault
- Repairing fault
- Test the wiring and parts to ensure they work
- Test the system to ensure it is working
- Fill out the report sheet
The tasks for Auto Electricians may sound repetitive but no two tasks are the same and the job is quite rewarding as it gives you self satisfaction when you successfully diagnose and fix a problem. That being said it can be quite stressful when trying different ways to fix the problem.
If you are starting out as an Auto Electrician apprentice then you can earn upto £12,000. If you are a newly qualified electrician then you can earn anything between £13,000 and £17,500. If you are an experienced Auto Electrician then you can earn between £19,000 and 28,000 depending upon your experience.
An auto Electrician can look forward to 40 hours per week normally Monday to Friday 8am until 5pm, however in some of the bigger businesses who offer 24/7 breakdown service, shift patterns would be required as the employee would be on a call out service meaning they could work weekends as well.
This type of job role will be based mainly in a garage or a workshop but on occasion you may have to attend a call out so a driver's license is essential.
What You Need
As an Auto Electrician you will need the following key skills if you are to succeed:
- You must have good practical skills in order to use a vast range of tools and equipment
- You must have good problem solving skills
- You must be able to read electrical wiring plans
- You must have the ability to work on your own or as part of a team
- You must have good communication skills and customer care skills
- You must be patient as this job runs by trial and error when fixing problems
If this sounds like the job for you then you are in good hands as we have plenty of Auto Electrician Jobs, browse below now, Whilst you’re here make sure you set up email alerts for this type of job.
Looking to work on bigger vehicles? Why not check out our friends at Aviation Job Search for loads more to choose from. Good luck with your job search!