Salary - £35,000 to 38,500 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Shift Pattern - Monday to Friday 07:00 to 18:30 and 1 in 3 Saturdays
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Workshop Controller who takes pride in providing excellent customer service and has a passion for working with the best.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Based at our Boston Branch you will be reporting directly into the General Manager, where you will control and supervise the daily and weekly workload of the workshop to ensure a smooth daily operation of the workshop and reception.
* Oversee the daily running of the workshop, booking in of work and prioritising workload to meet customer needs, ensuring a steady flow of work through the workshop
* Carry out internal investigation into MOT failure and plan corrective action if necessary
* Monitor job cards and service documentation for documentation for completeness and accuracy. Oversee all Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices and adhered to within the workshop
* Ensure the provision and ongoing condition of workshop tools and equipment, arranging purchase, repair and calibration
* Supervise workshop staff, including monitoring of timekeeping and productivity, authorising overtime, identifying training needs
* Ensure service/inspection documentation is correctly completed and customer defect procedures adhered to
* Assist in maintaining a daily flow of quality job cards to Service Administrator/Costing Clerk for costing/invoicing and controlling WIP on a daily basis
Key requirements for the role:
* Excellent technical knowledge
* Flexible approach to working hours
* Computer literacy (Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Ability to multi-task
* LGV C+E licence
* Able to supervise a team
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, Childcare Vouchers, discounts on major Retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer first, Respect for the Individual and Quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Agencies**