This exciting opportunity exists within our Brian Currie Van Centre Milton Keynes.
**Please note: all candidates must follow the on-line application process**
With over 250 franchised retailers across the UK offering outstanding working environments, the brand continues to grow year on year.
Salary basic 25k – 28k with an OTE of 30k-32k
Hours of work 7.30am – 5.30pm Mon – Fri
1 in 4 Saturdays – morning only
You will be responsible for 6 technicians and 2 apprentices
• Ensure efficient workshop use of materials, equipment and labour so service and repairs are carried out to the highest quality standards
• Achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction and retain existing custom through the workshop
• Improve the future labour levels by consulting and co-operating with after-sales reception staff and the Service Manager/Operations Manager
• Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with Van Centre, manufacturer and industry guidelines
• Help Van Centre to achieve industry-leading standards of process efficiency and cost control
As a Workshop Controller, your Key Objectives will be:
Ensure efficient workshop use of materials, equipment and labour so service and repairs are carried out to the highest quality standards
• Monitor progress of jobs in the workshop and advise service reception of any delays or issues.
• Control wastage of consumable materials (including appropriate measures to prevent the theft of oil and other sundry items).
• Ensure jobs are fairly allocated to technicians and mechanics and that there are adequate staffing levels to achieve workshop objectives.
• Ensure maximum use of equipment and labour to achieve high productivity output.
• Develop strategies to improve productivity in accordance with growth plan.
Objective: Achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction and retain existing custom through the workshop
• Maintain a clean, well-decorated and tidy workshop to achieve the highest standards of workshop presentation.
• Receive and assist all customers courteously and promptly in line with Volkswagen quality programme.
• Handle dissatisfied customers calmly, resolve complaints with sensitivity and involve others when necessary.
• Work closely with service department personnel to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
• Endeavour to enhance facilities, improve technical skills and achieve high standards of workmanship.
Objective: Improve the future labour levels by consulting and co-operating with aftersales reception staff and the Service Manager/Operations Manager
• Assist the Service Manager/Operations Manager to ensure optimum staff performance and efficiency is achieved at all times through the correct recruitment, assessment and training of all workshop personnel.
• Establish the training and development needs of your role and workshop personnel with the Service Manager/Operations Manager.
• Assist the Service Manager/Operations Manager in the preparation and administration of Performance Development Reviews with all workshop personnel. Communicate job expectations and provide regular feedback of the teams’ performance.
• Maintain effective liaison with other departmental managers.
Objective: Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with Van Centre, manufacturer and industry guidelines
• Circulate new and updated technical material, literature for new vehicles and revised workshop techniques.
• Ensure customers are protected from any possible dangers or hazards in the workshop area and their property is secure whilst on company premises.
• Ensure the security of all MOT equipment and documentation and that parts retained for testing are securely stored and locked away.
• Monitor and check the safety of equipment and materials. All used parts should be removed from the workshop.
• Follow Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles minimum operating standards and regularly check compliance. Ensure the workshop and equipment comply with all Health & Safety, recycling and environmental regulations.
• Maintain direct contact with Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, suppliers, and statutory representatives.
Objective: Help van Centre to achieve industry-leading standards of process efficiency and cost control
• Carry out MOT tests and ensure vehicles are inspected periodically for quality of work.
• Maintain workshop productivity records and monitor the effective use of labour. Ensure order numbers are obtained before work commences on fleet, contract hire and used car warranty repairs.
• Authorise and document all consumable and internal parts requisitions.
• Ensure accurate and timely completion of technician’s daily time tickets.
• Ensure the correct warranty procedure is followed on new and used vehicles and all documentation relating to warranty work and returnable components is up to date and accessible.
• Undertake all other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the Service Manager/Operations Manager.
• Analytical thinking
• Coaching and developing
• Empathy and tolerance
• Ethical behaviour
• Professional appearance
• City & Guilds Part 3
• NVQ Level 3 Motor Vehicle
• Clean driving licence
• Computer skills, including windows and spreadsheets
• Proven track record as Technician or Service Adviser
**Strictly No Agencies**
Skills and Experience Required
Quality. Reliability. Environmental awareness. These are the keys to Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. For more than 60 years, we've been working closely with, learning from and delivering for organisations large and small, throughout the UK. It means that we've become the wheels that keep organisations going in the right direction – creating business partnerships that last by providing vehicles that perform.
With more than 60 years of heritage, we have a huge following of enthusiasts from around the world. It’s all thanks to our ability to punch above our weight as a team. As part of our team, you’ll go to work enhancing our long-standing reputation, rolling your sleeves up and building close relationships in the world of corporate business which will ensure our sustained success for the next 60 years.