Position: Vehicle Technician – Dealership Experience
Location: North West London
Salary: Basic £28,041 - OTE £44,841
Benefits: 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays. Pension. Life Insurance
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Vehicle Technician to enhance my clients workshop based in the London Area.
The main purpose of the role is to undertake vehicle repair work as instructed by Job Card in line with BER service schedules to the highest standard of workmanship as well as ensuring that all group policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times to enhance customer satisfaction.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- You are required to maintain ethical standards in accordance with manufacture policies and the Company's Compliance Guidelines and Policies including Anti-Bribery and all relevant competition law.
- Receive work instructions from job card and ensure that these are fully carried out, working to BER service schedules and quality standards in respect of all work undertaken.
- To investigate reported problems using special tools and diagnostic equipment as necessary obtaining advice from senior staff if problems cannot be resolved.
- Report any additional work or parts required for authorisation to continue.
- Ensure that special tools and equipment are kept in good order and that problems are immediately notified for action.
- Complete necessary documentation in respect of warranty work and be responsible for the labelling and safekeeping of all warranty exchange parts until they are handed over for warranty claims to be made.
- Ensure that customer’s vehicles are cared for and returned in a satisfactory condition for handover.
- To support the service team with expert knowledge and liaise with brand Technical Support Team as required.
- Pass work as satisfactory on the completion of each job ensuring that all tasks have been completed and tested, ensuring the job is clocked accurately.
- To maintain the work bay and surrounding areas in a clean and tidy condition.
- To ensure that the image and levels of customer service within the department are in line with BER standards and that customer complaints are dealt with both speedily and effectively and that any unresolved problems are referred to the Service Team Manager.
- To ensure that within their area of operation all Company and Trade Associations policies, procedures and minimum standards are met and all statutory requirements including trading standards, fire, health and safety are adhered to.
- Handle all internal and external customers and suppliers with courtesy and ensure the Mercedes-Benz experience is delivered to all contacts at all times.
- To undertake mobile breakdown duties, to meet operational needs, on a rota basis as required.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
City and Guilds Motor Repair/BTEC/NVQ or equivalent qualification.
Dealership experience is essential
Full driving licence. Any endorsements must be notified, due to Company Insurance restrictions.
If you have the relevant experience my client is seeking, please forward your details and a consultant will contact you to discuss the position in more detail.