Automotive, Motor Trade Job: Vehicle MET Technician Required in Bridgend.
Salary: Up to £23,920 Basic Per Annum, OTE £24,500 Per Annum
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Automotive Motor Trade Job: Vehicle MET Technician for Independent Automotive Repair Centre - Bridgend
Our client, a long established independent accident repair centre in the Bridgend region, are currently looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical, Electrical, and Trim (MET) Vehicle Technician to join their Automotive Bodyshop team!
Reporting to the Automotive Bodyshop Manager and working as part of a team, as a Vehicle MET Technician your responsibilities will include:
* Removal of damaged parts to allow repairs to take place and ensuring displaced parts are stored correctly and safely for refitting.
* Checking for additional damage and any additional parts that may be required, bringing these items to the attention of the Automotive Bodyshop Manager and ordering the additional parts.
* Checking all the parts are here, and are correct to enable smooth travel through the vehicle repair journey.
* Refitting the vehicle, taking care and attention not to damage freshly painted panels and ensuring panel gaps are true and within manufacturers tolerances.
* Replace mechanical components of the steering, drive train and engine as and when required.
* Reset vehicle control units using diagnostic equipment.
* Ensures that all health and safety legislation and internal procedures are followed.
* Performs other reasonable activities from time to time.
In order to be eligible you must live in the Bridgend region or within a commutable distance of Bridgend. You will ideally be an experienced Vehicle MET Technician however our client is also willing to consider candidates outside the accident repair industry that are qualified to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent in Light Vehicle Mechanical Maintenance & Repair with strong experience as a Vehicle Technician that are interested in diversifying their experience. You will also require a UK driving license with minimal points and be a team player with a high level of drive and enthusiasm and a strong focus on quality of work.
For your hard work our client is offering…
* Starting basic salary between £9.50-£11.50 per hour pending experience and current earnings (between £19,760-£23,920 per annum)
* Overtime subject to availability paid at standard rate.
* 20 days annual holiday plus the bank holidays.
* Workplace pension scheme.
* Full in-house training provided as and when required.
* Fantastic career prospects with a long-established and widely regarded vehicle body repair centre in South Wales.
You are required to work Monday to Friday 8:00am-4:30pm with a half hour lunch. Occasional Saturdays mornings might be required subject to business demand so you will need to have a flexible approach to this however they would be paid as overtime.
If you are interested in this job or any other Automotive Vacancies in Bridgend, please contact Josh Friend at Perfect Placement!
To apply please send your current CV to Joshua Friend quoting J75486 - Vehicle MET Technician, Bridgend.
Please remember to add your home phone number, mobile number, email address and full address to your CV. If this information is missing it slows down our process and may result in us not being able to contact you.
Perfect Placement UK Ltd is an employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973 (and amendments).
Copyright © Perfect Placement UK Limited 2017.
The reproduction, transmission or other use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Perfect Placement UK Limited's prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Please contact our offices onif you wish to discuss this copyright.