18 days ago
Technician Apprentice, Ferndown
Westover Kia are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Apprentice to join the workshop team in Ferndown.
Our talented team of Technicians play a crucial role in ensuring that our customer’s cars are kept on the road. Using their wide ranging skillset they are able to diagnose and repair all faults whilst meeting Brand and Group standards. Each day is different to the next with each car presenting a new challenge; whether it is an electronic or mechanical fault, routine servicing and MOTs or preparing a brand new car for a customer.
With vehicles becoming more and more sophisticated it’s important that all our Technicians keep up to date with all the latest mechanical and diagnostic technology to ensure they deliver the high standards that our customers expect. As an Apprentice you will be starting that journey of learning whilst being based in a state of the art workshop surrounded by an experienced and knowledgeable workshop team.
As an apprentice, what will you be doing?
Working alongside qualified members of staff, you will be able to develop your technical knowledge and learn first-hand how to undertake the role. Shadowing a Technician, you will assist with:
* Investigating, repairing and servicing vehicles, including the latest models of electric vehicles
* Inspecting and preparing vehicles to the required quality standard so they are ready for handover to customers
* Using diagnostic tools and logical problem-solving techniques to establish electrical, mechanical and electronic faults
* MOTs and warranty work
* Contributing to the maintenance of a safe and efficient workshop
Once you start working through and successfully passing your assignments and your knowledge in the role increases, you will be able to start completing these tasks on your own, dealing with your own customers, and delivering the customer experience that Westover Group are proud to offer.
To be a success in this role you will possess
* A strong interest in the motor industry
* Good problem solving and organisational skills
* A keen eye for detail
* Excellent timekeeping skills with the ability to prioritise your workload during busy periods
What qualifications are required to be considered for this apprenticeship?
To be considered for this apprenticeship, you will need a minimum of GCSE Maths and English at grade A*-C or equivalent
Benefits of working for the Westover Group
As well as gaining a nationally recognised industry qualification through the Kia Academy and having the opportunity to take the first steps in your career, the Westover Group also offer excellent benefits including:
* 22 days annual leave, rising to 24 (after 5 years) and 26 (after 10 years) continuous service
* Opportunity to join the company pension scheme
* Life Assurance
* Discounts on new vehicle, used vehicle, service and parts purchases
If you think you possess the necessary skills and have the passion to buy into our quest towards complete customer satisfaction, then please send your C.V with a short letter of introduction to: email@example.com