Our client is looking for a Technical Trainer to undertake the on-going identification, research, construction and delivery of technical and non-technical training courses across all vehicle manufacturer brands for roadside technicians. You will also be assisting with the ongoing development of new and existing technical information and diagnostic systems.
Source and deliver the following as directed by the Technical Training Manager:
• To be able to train deliver and assess to ATA accreditation
• To maintain a safe and healthy training environment
• To ensure operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment and evaluating new equipment and techniques
• To research, develop and deliver ad-hoc technical and non-technical training programmes
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as required
• To be fully aware of all processes and procedures within Technical Operations.
• To ensure that product knowledge is up to date including new technology.
• To liaise with staff and management of vehicle manufacturers as instructed.
• To assist in the identification and recommendation of the use of manufacturer training courses as requested.
• To attend such courses as instructed.
Training & Coaching
• Introduce training and coaching techniques that best suit the learning group.
Training Needs Analysis
• Identify individual development areas for all staff with a view to improving and maintaining expected standards of performance.
• Produce and maintain up to date information on current competencies.
Training Records & Literature
• Maintain training records, identifying suitability, to both the individual and the relevant departments of all training or development carried out.
• Prepare all documentation for training to be delivered and complete all associated administration.
• Submit training returns, training assessments and performance monitoring reports to the Technical Training Manager.
• Maintain all relevant training documentation, reference guides, hand-outs and department intranet pages through regularly reviewing and publishing updates.
You will be responsible for the following:
Health & Safety
To ensure that your work area is kept safe and tidy at all times.
To abide by the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
To notify your Manager of any health & safety issues which may cause harm to fellow employees.
Ensure all demonstrations and training procedures include a relevant risk assessment, ensuring the best practice is followed and relayed to trainees and others involved in the vicinity of the working / training area.
To advise your Manager of any areas of work in which you feel you require additional training
Be available for additional training as required
To work as a member of a team, delivering the highest quality service and working within the Company Training policy at all times.
Ensure that all training and development is delivered in line with the documented procedures and instructions contained within the Company training policy and all company accreditations thus ensuring retention of all Company accreditations.
Key Performance Areas
Work towards achieving 100% on all departmental, team and individual key performance targets.
To actively participate in and contribute towards individual annual appraisals, monthly team meetings and any other one to one assessment sessions.
To work within and be compliant at all times with all relevant regulations and legislation applicable to the role.
Well presented and in-line with working within a corporate environment
Current driving licence
Must be able to travel throughout the UK with periods of overnight stay and including weekends when required
Good standard of general education.
GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
City & Guilds Technician Certificate Parts l and ll or equivalent
Current Personal Development Portfolio
Manufacturing Master technician or diagnostic qualification equivalent
Relevant training diploma or equivalent
Experience of working within a training environment and delivering coaching & training 121.
For further details on this role and other jobs in the motor trade in the Surrey area please contact Karen Edser