5 months ago
Technical Support Analyst
At Peter Vardy, IT is a key component of the engine room of the company, providing a full range of applications, telecoms, infrastructure and support services to our colleagues.
Based at our Head Office, we have a vacancy for a Technical Support Analyst to act as a single point of contact for our colleagues providing technical support and guidance, administration and end to end ownership of our ITIL aligned IT Service Desk procedures
Our ideal candidate will have proven skills in the following areas:
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* Previous experience in a fast paced IT Helpdesk/Service Desk environment
* Excellent telephone manner
* First class administration and organisational skills
* Thorough understanding of PC hardware, installation and configuration
* Windows 7 & Windows 10 - Installation, configuration & troubleshooting
* Windows Server (2008/2012) – basic administration
* Active Directory & Exchange – basic administration and user account management
* Mobile Device technology – tablets, smartphones
* Basic understanding of VoIP telephonyITIL Foundation and Microsoft certification preferred but not essential
Although you’ll be involved as an important colleague in many diverse IT projects, your key role entails:
* Managing all IT Helpdesk Incidents, Service Requests and Changes, ensuring issues are logged, prioritised (based on service impact), categorised and resolved or escalated in an effective and efficient manner
* Provide technical support to all colleagues, resolving issues at first point of contact where possible
* Liaise with 2nd/3rd line support teams and 3rd party support providers to ensure incidents are resolved within SLA
* Produce regular IT Helpdesk reports
* Trend and root cause analysis of IT issues, identifying underlying problems and working with colleagues and 3rd parties to implement solutions
* PC/Laptop operating system builds, software installation and diagnosis/troubleshooting
* Basic Windows & Exchange server administration – user account creation, permissions, print management, mailbox creation and management
* Manage IT purchasing and requisitions
* Software License Administration
* Management & administration of IT Hardware & Software asset registers
* Management & administration of Mobile phone estate
* Complimentary company shares - remember you’ll OWN part of PVL!
* Amazing trips to Vegas, Rio, New York up for grabs
* Fun work environment – there’s always something on the go…
* Family culture – one of our workstyles is ‘make friends’ and we have loads!
* Making a difference – have a voice in your company through the Partnership Council
* Giving back – doing good by coming to work – what’s not to love?
* 32 days holiday – a company that gives more than it ‘needs’ to
* Award winning training/career development – Our Academy is already World Class!
* Cycle to work scheme
* Pension scheme
* Occupational sick pay
* Enhanced maternity pay – yes you heard right!
* Discounted rates – get the benefits of working for a caring and sharing employer with exceptionally reduced rates and preferential purchase terms (for you and your family on brand new Vauxhall, BMW and Mini vehicles)
* Regular family activities & social events
Please apply with a copy of your CV.
Peter Vardy is an equal opportunities employer. Everyone is welcome here, as long as you have the drive and passion to succeed, then we would love to hear from you.
To find out more about our vacancies please visit: to a high level of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.