Technical Sales Manager – Braking
Location: Field Based / Reporting Wembley
Reporting Line: Responsible to the Lead Technical Sales Manager – Braking
Key Relationships: Lead & Regional Technical Sales Managers
Product Management Team
Regional Sales Managers, Branch General Managers, Specialist Sales Managers
Head of Customer Training
The Technical Sales Manager will be responsible for sales, technical and training support for Brake related product groups across 2 ECP regions, covering 20-24 branches. They will be responsible for sales and brand development and continuously improving ECP’s market share in the defined product groups within the UK aftermarket.
- Maximise sales and meet QPD targets of Brake related products via the ECP network.
- Carry out field work-outs and training with ECP Specialist Sales Managers, Branch General Managers and their teams.
- Support customer enquiries, visits, demonstrations, training and technical issues.
- Provide information to the management and product teams on all aspects of the Brake product group programmes.
- Regular feedback on competition (distributors and suppliers) their activities, strengths and weakness in the market place and how ECP can benefit from it.
- Regular input and feedback to pricing and product management team for market pricing to assist in the maximisation of product margin and increase market share.
- Identify gaps in the existing programme and advise product management team.
- Maintain up to date Brake and related component product expertise.
- Train and Assess to IMI standards to ECP internal teams and customers.
- Report to the Lead Technical Sales Manager on all areas of direct responsibility, via iSnapshot reports and monthly summary reports on agreed areas of activity.
- Promote a positive image of Euro Car Parts with staff, suppliers and customers at all times.
- Ensure that personal skills are sufficient to support the role and deliver a valid interpretation of the current issues of the company.
- Take an active part in meetings, training and events as required, to support Brake product group programme development.
- Maintain personal appearance and conduct at all times in a fashion to compliment the company’s professional standing.
This document outlines the duties of the Technical Sales Manager, but in itself is not an exhaustive and definite job specification and it is expected that the role should be one of constant development in line with the Company’s requirements.
The Company operates a system of Person Specifications aligned to each Job Description used. A copy of the Person Specification is available on request from your line manager.