5 months ago
Technical Lead (Mobile Applications)
We are seeking a Technical Lead (Mobile Applications) to join our growing team at our International HQ, in Bracknell.
The key objective of this position is to take technical ownership of the Avis and Budget mobile applications used in many countries and languages across EMEA.
You will manage an augmented team of developers to perform the technical design, implementation and developer testing of software to meet the goals of your application portfolio, interfacing with business analysts, project managers and testers as well as keeping a focus on performance of the solutions.
* You are responsible for the day to day running of several application development teams enhancing and maintaining the EMEA mobile applications for Avis & Budget. This includes responsibility for solution design, best practice, standards and performance optimisation.
* Accountable for planning and managing day-to-day activities associated with design, development and maintenance of web site business applications.
* Act as an Agile advocate ensuring Agile processes are followed.
* Set out and deliver on a product roadmap to de-commission legacy mobile application systems, leading the move to a single mobile application for all EMEA Avis & Budget countries
* Application development for the technical product, within ABG EMEA’s application portfolio.
* Within Portfolio work with peers and the Technical Product Manager to ensure
* Applications that perform within agreed service criteria
* Implemented applications that do not have more than agreed level of priority bugs
* A development team that operates as part of OneIT irrespective of location
* Rationalisation and standardisation of toolsets and methodologies
* Quality systems delivered on time and on budget
* A motivated trained team that delivers on time and to budget
* High visibility of the progress of the developers
* Systems & enhancements that meet full DLC & SDLC requirements that are fully SOx & PCI compliant
Skills and Experience
* Some experience of leading, supporting or working alongside an offshore or hybrid development team
* Extensive experience in mobile development, including working with iOS and Android applications
* Proven track record of delivering (or managing delivery of) performant, standards compliant mobile applications
* Experience of conducting or leading code reviews for mobile applications
* Experience of working within Agile development projects and as part of an Agile team
* Significant experience of delivering software solutions in a commercial environment
* Work experience in a complex international environment interfacing to business and IT leadership
Desired, but not essential:
* Experience in retail, travel, logistics or transportation industry
* Good understanding of development costing and budgeting
* 2nd language (French, Spanish, German, Italian)
* Degree level education preferably in an analytical field such as engineering, computer science, or maths; alternatively a relevant BA degree with strong background in Information Technology
Please apply for immediate consideration.
Apply now via the button below!