18 days ago
Systems Test & Validation Graduate Engineer/ Engineer
Job Title: Systems Test & Validation Graduate Engineer/ Engineer
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Team Leader - Electrical Engineer
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
We are currently seeking an additional Systems Test and Validation engineer to work within our Electrical Systems Design team to help ensure our electrical systems meet our stringent quality standards in terms of both hardware and software functionality.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Identify effective test strategies for a given component/system and create test plans accordingly.
• Run manual and automated black box tests and collate & analyse the results.
• Maintain detailed ‘bug lists’, document issues found during testing and create periodic test reports to show progress.
• Analyse existing / Create new Functional specifications and other systems related documents to a high standard.
• Work with suppliers to feedback issues found during testing.
• Conduct whole bike practical tests according to Triumph’s standard test procedures.
• ‘End Of Line’ configuration, database control/management/creation as required.
• Rolling out of software updates to bikes and issue tracking.
Essential skill requirements:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field; or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
• At least 1-2 years of relevant experience in either development or test automation roles.
• Experience in creating software test plans and defining manual and automated black box test cases.
• Strong communication and technical reporting skills, including the ability to communicate with overseas suppliers.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills from both a hardware and software point of view.
• Proficiency in C or C++.
• Excellent team working skills and the ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail, combined with a passion for testing systems thoroughly and suggesting improvements.
• An inquisitive and creative mind, to allow the exploration of unusual test scenarios which are beyond what is expected of the system / users.
Desirable skill requirements:
• Experience with CAN communication and familiarity with CANalyser / CANoe or a similar software package.
• Strong scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Shell).
• Previous experience in an automotive testing environment.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is Thursday, 30th November 2017. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here
View all current vacancies
Back to triumphmotorcycles.co.uk
15 days ago
only 17 hours until close