Contract Type: Permanent
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
A Systems Developer is required with business intelligence experience for a large motoring organisation. The role will be based in Newcastle and will be a great chance to secure an exciting role with involvement in a new project focusing on migrating and recreating reports in Power BI.
The successful Systems Developer will need to have excellent communication skills to be able to engage with staff that are both technical and non-technical.
· Microsoft SQL Server - Writing SQL queries, T-SQL, SSIS, SSMS
· SSRS or PowerBI experience will be an advantage
· A solid understanding of PHP both procedural and object orientated code, previous experience with the MVC design pattern and PHP frameworks such as Codeigniter.
· Apache, MySQL
· Linux webserver administration
· Previous experience working with custom and off the shelf PHP CMS systems.
· Mobile app development
· Writing or modifying web applications in PHP to use LDAP and NTLM or Kerberos authentication.
· Creating CRUD/RESTFUL APIs
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.