Job Title: Service Controller
Salary: £26,000-28,000& Branch Incentive Scheme
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday 08.00-18.00 (30 minutes unpaid lunch). 1 in 3 Saturdays 07.30-12.00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Service Controller.
Based at our Normanton Branch you will be responsible for ensuring the workshop runs efficiently by adapting capacity to demand and providing excellent customer service.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
* Control the daily running of the workshop loading process, prioritising workload to meet customer needs and making effective use of technician resource, ensuring a steady flow of work through the workshop
* Encourage all Front Counter staff to increase workshop hours by actively marketing our facilities and aftermarket services with the goal of exceeding budgeted targets
* Manage Front Counter Service Advisors Team to ensure full compliance with all Scania policies and ensure quality Customer Service is delivered.
* Estimate both mechanical and body repairs to vehicles and trailers. Comply with the Internal Standards to diagnose and estimate faults within set time scales
* Control and Manage MOT appointments in line with allocated ATF test appointments . Complete MOT failure/PRS report form in conjunction with repairing technician. (Prepare/Repair on Site)
* Carry out internal investigation into MOT failure and plan corrective action if necessary in conjunction with Workshop Controller.
* Monitor job cards and service documentation for completeness and accuracy and manage internal archive systems.
* Oversee all Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices and adhered to within the department .
* Check and maintain to 100% all data quality records and discuss errors with staff including Campaign booking in line with Internal requirements
* Plan by running service due reports, checking data quality and arranging work with customer, capturing mileage via C200 or verbally. Via computerised systems or verbally with client
* Create job cards, checking for existing parts WIP. (WIPS) Ensure complete compliance with regards to R2C entry, Vehicle downloading and maintenance scheduling.
* Inform customer of outstanding campaigns and arrange for work to be completed.
* Check and issue sublet order numbers to specialist/external agents and arrange/plan such works as required with all necessary legal documentation.
* Produce and explain invoice to customer at point of vehicle collection and explain and book any outstanding defects for next scheduled event.
* Follow up after the service/repair visit to check customer satisfaction as per the internal standardised policies.
* Take responsibility to ensure customer reception area is maintained to a professional standard at all times in line with Dealer Operating Standards.
* Obtaining order numbers and authorisation for work to be undertaken and maintain a good follow up communication with clients.
* Manage and balance VOSA monthly lane fee accounts collecting payment as necessary
* Invoicing of WIP’s
* Manage collection and deliveries in conjunction with the issue of company courtesy cards
Key requirements for the role:
* Basic technical awareness of motor vehicles and technology
* Understanding of Road Haulage Operations
* Excellent customer service and negotiation skills
* Able to build good relationships internally and externally
* Proven organisational and administration skills
* Ability to work under pressure and without supervision
* An ability to work as a team player within a busy department
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, childcare vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**