45 Hours Monday –Friday 8-6pm every day with one hour for lunch plus 5 hours every other Saturday 8-1pm
IRO £25,000 dependant on skills and experience
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Acts as the face and voice of the company being the first port of call for customers, suppliers and Visitors and providing them with excellent customer service, as well as administrative support to the whole team.
• Responsible for greeting and helping customers in the reception area with general enquiries, booking their vehicles in for work and services and arranging the collection of and payment for work – face to face contact.
• Taking telephone calls and enquiries and being able to specify the work or problem for the workshop technicians and to estimate the time needed. Setting and managing customer expectations.
• Contacting suppliers to place orders and make returns as required. Dealing with sales enquiries and providing estimates.
• Driving customers cars/vans to keep the parking area organised and clear for incoming vehicles. Collection and delivery of motor homes locally -C1 driving licence requirement a benefit.
• Deal effectively with all customer enquiries and visitors and remain calm and polite when dealing with challenging customers.
• To work closely with everyone in the team – small business and everyone needs to communicate well and support each other.
• Careful and accurate (even under pressure) taking of messages and instructions from customers, team members and suppliers.
• Completion of forms, booking information, giving information to technicians, preparing invoices, management of vehicle keys. Adhering to systems already in place.
• Prepared to learn about the industry – technical terms for car parts, abbreviations, and acronyms.
• Confident approach to deal effectively with customers, technicians in the team, liaising with suppliers, on the phone and face-to-face.
• To juggle several tasks at once (e.g. Phone ringing, customers waiting, deliveries need checking and signing for all at the same time!) and to plan the day wherever possible and anticipate when the rush of customers will occur and get things ready in advance
Ideal candidate – Person specification
• Current valid driving licence Ideally C1 classification
• Ideally 1+ years work experience with customers/members of the public on phone and face-to-face, or to be able to show has dealt with people i.e. running a club at school, college, university or a football team etc.
• Confident, calm, clear speaker with a good telephone and face to face manner
• Able to demonstrate that has dealt with difficult situations – e.g. angry customers or has the maturity to do so if not done it before.
• Experience of administrative work which required careful, accurate record keeping.
• Able to work under pressure, with interruptions and still remain pleasant.
• Enthusiasm/passion for providing excellent/personalised customer service.
• Computer literate with knowledge of Word and Excel and internet searches
• Accuracy with message taking, numbers, specifying a job (COULD BE GIVEN A SHORT TEST AT 2ND INTERVIEW)
• Demonstrate team player and interest in sector and company.
• Keen to learn and able to give evidence that this is the case
• Willing and able to work every other Saturday morning.