HGV Service Advisor
My client is recruiting for a Service Advisor who will be responsible for the smooth daily operation of the Service Reception working within a strong team environment and delivering outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers by way of exceptional communication.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
· Ensure a steady and realistic flow of available work through the workshop.
· Liase with external and internal customers and ensure work is authorised.
· Support and maintain customer’s service schedules, MOT and O Licence requirements.
· Ideally a Technical Awareness will be required so as to be able to provide basic advice and estimates to customers – this may not necessarily have been gained within the Commercial Vehicle sector of the Motor Vehicle Industry
· Audit job cards (work orders) and associated service documentation for accuracy and adherence to internal and external procedures.
· Ensure Service / Inspection Documentation are correctly completed and customer defect procedures adhered to.
· Assist in maintaining a daily flow of quality job cards to Administration for costing/invoicing.
· Ensure Health & Safety and safe work practices are met at all times within this position
· working environment.
· Check and issue sublet order numbers to specialist / external agents and to arrange / plan such works as required
· Excellent organisational skills
· Good customer service skills
· Technical awareness of motor vehicles, analytical and administrative skills
· An ability to work as a team player within a busy department
· An ability to work unsupervised and adhere to strict deadlines
· Flexible approach to working hours
· PC literate
· Ability to work calmly in an environment that can be pressured Candidate Requirements
· A technical understanding
· Knowledge of the Automotive Industry
· Knowledge of the Kerridge system