Senior Scheduling Co-ordinator - Automotive Fleet
Permanent Full Time Position
Immediate Start Available.
Basingstoke / Cliddesden / Old Basing / Sherborne St John
Up to £24,000 basic salary / Plus Bonus / 25 Days Holiday / Career Progression / Other Benefits
We are working with a market leading Commercial Vehicle Fleet company who are now looking to bring on board a Senior Scheduling Co-odinator to the busy department.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, the Senior Scheduling Co-ordinator is actively committed to the companies profitable growth by ensuring that all scheduled maintenance events are planned, booked and expedited in a timely and efficient manner in line with legal & operational requirements.
He/she will be responsible for the development of a substitute vehicle network to ensure that appropriate cover is provided for the relevant scheduled and unscheduled event in line with contractual obligations.
Working in close co-operation with Line Management in the day to day operations and to facilitate the on-going development of staff so the skills & competency needed for future growth and development are in place and are supported appropriately to ensure that a high standard of Customer Service is delivered at all times.
* To lead and motivate the Scheduling Team in a "hands on" capacity
* To ensure that all approved Suppliers & ancillary equipment Suppliers are set up against each relevant vehicle within SAP and the relevant O Licence Maintenance Agreement is completed and sent to the Customer.
* All maintenance plans for all legal and non-legal scheduled events are prepared in line with O'licence, legal & contractual requirements and the annual planner is sent to both Customer & Supplier following vehicle delivery and for each year thereafter
* Ensure all MOT tests are booked and all schedule events including ancillary equipment are arranged in line with Operator License requirements, ensuring all events where possible are done at the same time to minimise vehicle downtime
* Ensure all Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) renewals are processed prior to the end of the expiry month and ensure the VED control report is completed to confirm all vehicles are compliant
* Build/develop a third party commercial vehicle Rental/Collection & Delivery network and ensure all scheduled and unscheduled vehicle maintenance is covered with a substitute vehicle in line with contractual obligations
* Monitor the use of substitute vehicles in line with contractual entitlements and ensure all are off hired as soon as possible to minimise costs in line with budgetary requirements
* Arrange additional hire vehicles when requested and ensure the Customer is recharged accordingly
* Ensure any recall or legislative change is arranged within the agreed timelines
* To be available out of hours if and when required
* As and when required deal with & resolve any Customer or Supplier issues which warrant involvement
* Ensure that all legal documentation, invoices and service records are received and scanned accordingly
* In conjunction with the Technical Team, ensure the Scheduling Team is manned appropriately throughout the agreed opening times and the shift/holiday Rota is kept updated
* Development and documentation of departmental procedures in conjunction with line management / auditors / HSE etc
* As and when required deal with first line disciplinary issues and proceedings
* To identify underperforming Suppliers and to liaise with the Network Engineering Managers to propose and implement corrective measures
* Weekly reporting of overdue scheduled events
* Support and train all Schedulers with the use of SAP to ensure all are fully competent users
* Work with colleagues and line management to identify key development areas within SAP and document showing the benefits
* To be proactive in identifying operational and cost saving improvements to the Scheduling Team and the Maintenance Control Centre in general
* Work closely with the Network Engineering Managers / all Teams to ensure that the company offers the best service and value proposition to the Customer
* Achievement of daily, weekly and monthly KPI's.
* To be able to evidence a coaching and enabling style with subordinate staff so as to allow them to take on greater responsibility for their personal performance.
* Other ad hoc duties that may be requested by your Line Manager.
* Responsible for adhering to policies, procedures, guidelines and the internal control framework established to guide the operation of their function in addition to regulatory compliance requirements
* Experience in a leadership / Scheduling capacity
* Experience in the fleet / haulage industry
* Keen eye for detail
* Able to maintain high standards under demanding situations
Monday to Friday 0800-1730
On offer is a basic salary up to £24,000 plus a bonus of circa £840PA.
The company offer a pension scheme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus a host of other benefits.
A successful candidate with have opportunities to progress their career within this desirable fleet company.
Please call Holt Recruitment on / for more details and to apply.