Senior Applications Engineer
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 per annum + car + bonus of up to 15%
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of Diesel Engines we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Applications Engineer within our Engines department supporting our growing customer base.
You will be based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes and will primarily be responsible for advising customers about the installation of Scania engines, within the Construction, Marine, Agriculture and Genset sectors.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
* To advise customers on the installation of Scania engines within a wide range of application equipment, according to Scania installation recommendations; including Marine, Power-Gen, and Construction.
* Undertake customer site testing using electronic data logging equipment.
* Complete Scania installation review reports and communicate any deviations to the customer.
* Provide the required technical documentation, to support the Engines Sales team when preparing tenders and quotations.
* Supply customers with technical drawings, and installation information as required.
* Assist the Sales team in providing complete engineering solutions.
* Liaise with Scania Technical departments (Scania Great Britain and Sweden), and assist with applications related items as and when required.
* Coordinate the modification of the engines to meet the customer specification.
* Comply with company Safety, Health and Environmental policies at all times, including the mandatory wearing of personal protective equipment and machine guarding.
Key requirements for the role
* Knowledge of and familiar with J1939 CAN communication protocol.
* Knowledge of third party control systems.
* Computer literate including MS office/Excel/Power point.
* An understanding of the latest US/European/Worldwide emission regulations.
Ideal but not essential
* Knowledge of 3D Drawing packages
* Practical experience of Scania engines and related diagnostic software (SDP3)
* Previous experience of application engineering
* Understanding of Gas/Bio-Fuel engines.
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, childcare vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**