Company Background - Euro Car Parts
Euro Car Parts an LKQ company is the largest automotive aftermarket specialist in the UK, with circa 9,500 employees and 0ver 200 branches nationwide. The business is on track to achieve another record year in terms of, sales and investment into infrastructure, with annualised sales now exceeding £900 million. Euro Car Parts is one of the UKs biggest entrepreneurial success stories of recent times.
Euro Car Parts distributes parts for all makes of cars, including Korean and Japanese programmes and light commercial vehicles. They have over 140,000 different stocked part numbers, significantly exceeding its competitors and this number is constantly growing.
Euro Car Parts Ltd was founded in 1978 by Sukhpal Singh Ahluwalia, a refugee who fled Uganda’s Amin Regime for the UK with his family. At the age of 18 Sukhpal raised £5,000 with help from his father and the bank and set up a car parts shop in North London. Since then the business has seen typical annual growth of 25% and was sold to LKQ Corporation in October 2011 for £280 million. Sukhpal remains an active member of the business having operated as Executive Chairman for the UK business and has more recently joined the main LKQ board in the States as Executive Director. His entrepreneurial flair, passion, high energy, resilience, tenacity and a “will to win” are still intrinsic to the culture of the business.
Euro Car Parts’ parent company - LKQ Corporation is the market leader in collision repair and recycled parts in North America and Europe, with an annualised turnover exceeding $4 billion worldwide and more than 30,000 employees across 7 countries.
- Customers are Trade, National and Retail (online and instore).
- 82,000 deliveries per day
- c. 200 Branches
- 16 Regional Distribution Centres
- 3 National Distribution Centres
- 140,000 parts in stock
- 5.250,000 square foot of warehousing
- 9,500 people in the UK
- Partner with DHL on European Distribution
2014: £716M turnover, £63M pre-tax profit, 8.85% pre-tax profit margin
2013: £587M turnover, £63M pre-tax profit, 10.76% pre-tax profit margin
2012: £438M turnover, £41M pre-tax profit, 9.44% pre-tax profit margin
2011: £340M turnover, £31M pre-tax profit, 9.24% pre-tax profit margin
2010: £271M turnover, £15M pre-tax profit, 5.82% pre-tax profit margin
The Opportunity – Sales Manager
- Motivate the Sales Advisors to achieve and exceed sales and profit targets
- Motivate and Manage the Sales Development Managers (SDM’s) to achieve and exceed sales and profit targets
- Maintain a positive, focused and upbeat sales environment at all times
- To assist sales staff providing advice and support and a point of escalation
- Organise and run effective, motivational and results orientated sales team meetings
- Liaise with the General Manager regarding stock availability, Branch Delivery Service and Branch Operational areas
- Adopt the style of sales leadership most likely to get the best results in different situations and the style of selling most appropriate to our marketplace
- To assist in the production of sales budgets and commit to their achievement of Company Sales and Profit Targets
- Undertake regular reviews of Sales Business Plans to re-assess and maintain their effectiveness
- Be proactive in all aspects of sales development; including forward thinking and planning
- Maximise the use of all sales promotions and initiatives to grow sales and monitor their progress to ensure targets are met
- Working with the marketing team, ensuring that all advertising and promotional materials are used to the full to achieve set campaign targets
- Develop profitable business growth, by way of sound customer relations and visits on behalf of the company
- Collect and analyse all competitor activity as reported from the sales team; forward information to Product Marketing and all relevant departments.
- Report to the General Manager and Director of Sales on all areas of direct responsibility via weekly summary reports on agreed key areas of activity.
- Monitor promotional sales daily and report to the General Manager and Director of Sales on results and difficulties that may need to be addressed, to conclude a successful promotion
- Report monthly to the General Manager and Director of Sales, Sales Team performance against agreed targets, highlighting strengths and weaknesses together with proposed action if required
- Report quarterly to the General Manager and Director of Sales progress on the Branch Business Plan
- Promote a positive image of Euro Car Parts Ltd with staff, suppliers and customers at all times.
- Ensure that personal skills are sufficient to control Sales activities and deliver a valid interpretation of current issues to the Company.
- Maintain personal appearance and conduct at all times in a fashion to compliment the company’s professional standing.
- Organise and take an active part in regular staff meetings for the purpose of advising of daily performance, special projects and maintaining staff morale
- To assist the General Manager and Director of Sales, from time to time, with any reasonable task which may fall outside of the particular job specification
50.33 hours per week Monday to Friday from 8am – 6pm & Alternate Saturdays from 8am - 4pm
Your career with Euro Car Parts is only limited by your ambition and will to succeed.
For exceeding expectations in this fiercely competitive market we offer:
- A highly competitive salary
- Uncapped monthly bonus
- Genuine career progression
- Holiday discounts with cashback
- Up to 40% discount for tickets to major family attractions and cinemas
- Up to 20% discount for various high street retailers
- Plus amazing deals and discounts for 3000 gyms in the UK
Due to the large volumes of CVs we are currently receiving we are unable to respond to each applicant individually.