Motorpoint Ltd are the largest independent vehicle retailer in the UK, offering motorists unrivalled choice, value and service and we currently looking for a Sales Controller to join our busy Chingford site.
We employ over 600 people and invest a significant amount in staff training and development to ensure we deliver the highest levels of customer service across all touch points. This has culminated in us being named one of the Top 10 Best Performing Mid-Sized Companies in the Sunday Times Top Track 250 as well as one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Mid-Sized Companies to Work For for two years running.
Why don’t you accept our challenge to work alongside one of the most successful management teams in 2016, be the best you can be everyday and showcase your true talent! Be part of our next stage of growth as we capture additional market share of the nearly-new vehicle market in the UK.
It's our people that make our success possible; our culture and our values are represented in every interaction we have, and we believe that sets us apart from our competition. If you want a career where you are recognised and rewarded for your efforts and can be proud of working in a business that’s really going somewhere, then this could be the role for you.
The achievement of targets by the sales team through the training and coaching of individuals and monitoring of performance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise and monitor the performance of a team of Sales Executive and provide training and coaching.
- Assist in the closing of deals and second facing customers.
- Working with the Sales Manager induct new starters and ensure relevant on the job training is provided in full.
- With the Sales Manager carry out regular customer experience checks and provide feedback that values good performance and improves under performance; Incorporating the Sales Development Plan.
- Follow up mystery shop reports and provide coaching and training to improve or feedback to develop; Incorporating into the Mystery Shop Development Plan.
- With the Sales Manager holds sales team meetings with an agenda and minutes. Actions are followed up and communication within the team is evident.
- Ensure essential on the job training is provided to enable team members to carry out their job.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for their own performance and the performance of the team.
- Has a ‘Can do’ style and creates a strong sense of team spirit and direction.
- Committed to creating a working environment in which team members feel engaged.
- Is fair and consistent with all team members.
- Has an open minded and approachable style of communication.
- Open minded and honest, willing to listen to others and take forward ideas.
- Responds positively to change and willing to try new ideas.
- Treats others with dignity and respect.
- The site NPS sold target is achieved.
- The site NPS not sold target is achieved.
- Detractors are less than the agreed target of the total votes received.
- Work with the sales team to provide a warm and friendly welcome with a no pressure experience for customers.
- Follows company policies and processes and ensures compliance.
- Contributes to consultation exercises and challenges in order to improve and progress.
- A passion for delivering high levels of customer service
- Continuously improves to progress and develop the operation
- Provide information to the Sales Manager for monthly individual sales reviews.
- Assist the Sales Manager to follow up Icampaign and Iquotes thoroughly.
- Achievement of agreed sales targets and profit per unit.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Finance PPU and penetration is ahead of budget and agreed targets.
- Extras PPU and penetration is ahead of budget and agreed targets.
- Trade PPU is above agreed target.
- Quote conversion rate is above agreed target.
- Cancellations rate is under the agreed %.
- Referral conversion is above the agreed target.
- Coaching and training activities that result in improved performance.
- Regular customer experience checks with feedback that develops and improves performance.
- Ensure the Motorpoint sales process is followed and paperwork is completed accurately.
- Achievement of site NPS scores to agreed targets.
- Achievement of the site Same Day Driveaway target.
- Demonstrate behaviours and communicates in a style that upholds Motorpoints Core Values.
- Operates within the Motorpoint Customer Charter to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Proven track record in a car sales environment.
- Supervisory experience is desirable.
- An articulate, confident communicator with a very positive attitude coupled with the ability to inspire others to achieve results.
- Exceptional ability to establish rapport and build positive relationships with people quickly.
- Able to pinpoint effective behaviour and give relevant feedback to encourage or improve where necessary.
- Enjoys competition and drives to meet and beat targets.
- Patience, excellent listening skills with the ability to encourage others to commit to action that will increase their performance.
- Well organised, with a high level of concern for quality and the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Competent I.T. user.
- Type of vacancy: Permanent, Full time
- Hours: 47 per week, 5 out of 7 days, including weekends
- Department: Sales