4 months ago
Job Title: Production Engineer
Location: F2, Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Assembly Supervisor
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
The purpose of the role is to provide production engineering support for Triumph’s assembly department in the UK.
Workload will include the development/introduction of new models in conjunction with the design teams and support with current models, including an automated production line and associated equipment.
The ideal candidate will be a hands on engineer willing to spend time on the shop floor owning and resolving production problems.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Working with the Design and Quality departments during new model development advising on assembly requirements and approving component designs as suitable for assembly. Advising on design for manufacture.
• Design, sourcing, purchasing, commissioning and ongoing support of tooling, fixtures and any required assembly equipment.
• All aspects of introducing new models to manufacture including:
o Writing of Assembly process sheets.
o Training operators on new processes and equipment.
o Collating quality audit responses.
o Preparing new models for sign off.
• Current support for existing models.
• Kaizen / Lean activities to improve line efficiency and resource utilisation.
• Fault finding and problem solving to ensure continuous production.
Essential skill requirements:
• Ability to read and analyse engineering drawings.
• Educated to HNC level in an engineering discipline or a time served engineer.
• Able to demonstrate relevant experience.
• Computer literate in Microsoft office applications.
• Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
Desirable skill requirements:
• The ability to use CAD.
• Experience of the automotive assembly environment.
• Proven experience of managing own work to project deadlines.
• Tool room machining experience.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is Thursday, 30th November 2017. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here
View all current vacancies
Back to triumphmotorcycles.co.uk