4 months ago
Product Marketing Manager
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager
Location: Factory 2, Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Head of Brand Management
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
This is a key role within the Sales & Marketing function reporting into the Head of Brand Management. You will be responsible for planning, co-ordination, and programme management of new product launches, significant product updates, and ongoing marketing / product activation initiatives in order to maximise the sales within the global market.
Managing the process from start to completion the product manager will ensure the approach to market is successful, competitive, relevant and exciting to target customers. They will take the lead in coordinating with internal teams to ensure that they are fully briefed to enable all relevant activities to be in place to ensure the successful launch and in market performance of the motorcycles for which they are responsible for.
This will involve liaising and engaging with a number of different departments to include, Product Planning, Central Marketing, Dealer Development & Training, and our Subsidiary network.
You will become the category expert for which you are responsible, so will be required to acquire a commanding knowledge and ongoing tracking/understanding of the categories, status of the competitor position and product offers, and customer types across the world.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Lead the development of product propositions – Providing the strategic direction for marketing, PR and SM activation of new model launches and significant model updates. Gathering and filtering input from product development, marketing teams and relevant research. Developing propositions in collaboration with the heads of Sales, Marketing and Brand.
• For Sales & Marketing lead the development and co-ordination of launch roadmaps for your motorcycles that you are responsible for in collaboration with the marketing team. This will involve creating the master activity and timetable plan for launch – encompassing all key stages, activities, objectives, channels, audiences, KPIs, measurement, etc.
• Leading the launch planning meeting cycle activity for Sales & Marketing with internal departments, appropriately briefing them to ensure that all of the relevant launch activity is in development in order to fully maximise the sales opportunity from our new product assets. This will specifically involve.
o Leading monthly meetings with key stakeholders, the identification of key milestones, capturing all inter departmental challenges, developing action plans to ensure that launches are fully optimized.
o Creation of launch guides for markets at -9 months, -6 months, and -3 months to launch.
o Budget management.
• Maintain and update a rolling 18-24 month marketing plan for the models within your portfolio, in order to maximise the in market performance of the motorcycles you are responsible for.
• Maintain a commanding understanding of the market and customers specific to the motorcycle category for which you are responsible for including competitive landscape, trends, insights, behaviours and opportunities. Utilising Triumph research studies, desktop research and, as required, new research. Presenting a bi-annual report with recommendations for action.
• Provide insights to the product development team, and as required, input and support to research, product specification and pricing.
• Launch budget and resource plan – Establishing the budget and resources required and modelling/managing the budget presentation and refinement process through to business approval.
• Presentation and briefing – creating and delivering launch plan presentation materials as required to get alignment and preparation in place across the business.
Essential skill requirements:
• Experience in marketing function within a product marketing role as part of an international team/global function.
• Worked within an automotive organisation (either consumer car or motorcycle) with experience of both launching new products and managing current products.
• Ability to develop strategy and guide implementation.
• Ability to develop and interpret customer, market and competitor intelligence.
• University degree in marketing, business or in technical discipline.
• Interested and passionate about motorcycles, brands and marketing.
• Well organised and capable of delivering multiple projects in a timely manner.
• Ability to present thinking and proposals succinctly, clearly and confidently.
• Have an aptitude for analysis of data.
• Great inter-personal skills with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
• Attention to detail with a passion for continual improvement.
• Ability to manage complex processes.
• Works well under pressure.
• Team player.
Desirable skill requirements:
• Motorcycle licence and experience of ownership would be an advantage.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is 05th January 2018. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.