Parts Material Controller
Swindon / Wiltshire
Basic between £22,000 - £25,000 DOE / Employee benefits / Career Progression
Rare & Great opportunity to join a very established, leading Commercial Vehicle company in the Swindon area who are looking to bring on board an experienced parts person as a Material Controller.
Job Purpose: To ensure the availability of locally sourced parts and managing supplier contracts
* To support the Parts Admin Support Manager with the formulation of strategies for the Tanker & Trailer program as well as the Accessories Catalogue
* To support the pricing and marketing functions with administration e.g. Accessories catalogue, Tanker & Trailer campaigns, Advantage program
* Build up MANTIS Plus catalogue with key Tanker & Trailer parts
* To identify Tanker & Trailer parts, update catalogue and supersession
* To set up ZG parts
* To process ZG orders
* To process ZG claims
* To manage the efficiency of allocated suppliers in terms of delivery performance, packaging conditions etc through setting and monitoring SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
* To procure VOR parts from primary and/or secondary suppliers and arrange deliveries using cost effective transport whilst minimising operator down time.
* To progress outstanding orders to ensure that agreed lead times are maintained.
* To support the process of setting appropriate agreements, contracts, KPI's and SLA's which will deliver excellent service
* To assist in the auditing process
* To provide information, maintain records and carry out all duties in an accurate efficient and timely manner
* To undertake such other tasks as may reasonably be required
* To enhance the image and reputation of the company whilst supporting its commercial interests
* To comply with good health and safety practice, all statutory requirements, company policies and standard procedures
* Ability to work under pressure using own initiative
* Attention to detail
* Customer focus
* Highly motivates 'can do' attitude
* Ability and willingness to take ownership of any issues relating to the department
* Experience in supply chain management
* Ability to negotiate with suppliers
* Valid work permit
* Experience in automotive industry
Please call Holt Recruitment on / for more details and to apply.