Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Ltd (a key client of Babcock International Group Plc) is constantly striving to improve customer satisfaction and first-time-fix within their franchised dealer networks. A key tactic used to implement this strategy is ensuring all network staff have the necessary skills, knowledge and behaviours to perform at the required level.
As a result, the Design Manager's main role is to manage a team of Instructional Designers and Desktop Publishers to design, implement and publish engaging, cost efficient and highly effective blended learning interventions that deliver the necessary performance levels within the dealer network. In order to ensure learning effectiveness and a demonstrable business impact, the design of these learning interventions are underpinned by the principles and methodologies of both Kirkpatrick's evaluation model and the Training Foundation's Training Accreditation Programme™ (TAP).
The ideal candidate will have excellent Project / People Management skills and preferably an understanding of implementation of Blended Learning Solutions and be able to build strong stakeholder relationships.
The key tasks and responsibilities that can be expected of the role include:
Liaising with key stakeholders within the Volkswagen Group UK Ltd to understand their business and people performance requirements in order to carry out the necessary root cause and learning needs analysis
Direct line management, resource scheduling and budget control of an Instructional Designers (ID) team who are responsible for:
- Designing and developing blended learning interventions that deliver against the performance needs via the utilisation and custom combination of various elements including: virtual classrooms and webinars; self-study programmes; elearning; face-to-face courses; and 'application of learning' facilitation assignments, aide-mémoires and how-to videos
- Utilising social, collaborative and community learning methodologies to further widen learning engagement and effectiveness
- Researching the suitability of available factory learning content and designing seamless integration into new and current courseware where relevant
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously in-line with dependency milestones and delivering pilot and Train-the-Trainer training courses
- Liaising with, and managing design, copy, print and e-learning suppliers to deliver assets in-line with project milestones
- Developing, supporting and implementing continuous process improvement and lead teams in the adoption of new business processes
Direct line management, resource scheduling and budget control of a Desktop Publisher |(DTP) team who are responsible for:
- Managing a large suite of courseware assets
- Liaising with various Print Suppliers and Design Agencies
- Ensuring all relevant records, workflow tracking, course databases are maintained accordingly
- Ensuring all Departmental processes are adhered to and are reviewed on a regular basis
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 6 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.