Online Commercial Manager,
Contract Type: Permanent
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
Are you a passionate data driven, commercially-minded, digitally savvy marketing or sales individual with proven online experience, looking for a new challenge? Fancy a new job that promises to engage your mind and challenge your innovation skills? Do you have a passion for captivating audiences through online and mobile content?
We have an excellent opportunity for a results-oriented Online Commercial Manager to join one of the top motor retailers in the UK. If you are self-motivated, adaptable and customer-focussed and can bridge the gap across sales, technology and marketing to deliver an outstanding online customer journey, we would like to hear from you.
As well as receiving a competitive remuneration package, car, excellent benefits and career development opportunities, you'll get the chance to flex your commercial muscles and think strategically, while representing some of the most desirable car brands in the world.
What you'll do:
· Create and own the full digital customer journey, closely collaborating with cross-functional teams across sales, marketing and IT to manage the content strategy and development, website design, online customer service options and web technologies
· Engage with all external and internal website customers to evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement and test eCommerce initiatives
· Manage the user experience of the website including site navigation, checkout funnel and ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of all web content publishing
· Collaborate closely with customer engagement and data team, data insights manager, sales and content teams to continuously improve the customer journey using real-time customer engagement scores across all channels
· Conduct regular reviews with key stakeholders across the business and share progress via an online customer centric dashboard and deliver effective communication of all product changes and enhancements and the value delivered
· Working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities. Two days are rarely alike here.
What we're looking for:
· Proven track record of delivering large successful, B2C-oriented online and e-commerce retail solutions; across all stages of the product lifecycle
· Demonstrated strong business judgment and decision-making skills with an ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives
· Proven knowledge of online technology and omni-channel delivery, based on tangible research, sophisticated analytics and industry trends
· Passionate about delivering an exceptional user experience
· Experience in working in a continuous delivery environment would be advantageous.
· Team player with a 'can do' attitude and excellent interpersonal skills, building good relationships at all levels.
· Ability to work well under pressure, managing several projects simultaneously
· Adaptability. Committed to sometimes working outside of regular hours and weekends.
· Firm understanding of Google Analytics, Microsoft Dynamics and Sitecore would be a distinct advantage
· Full UK Driving licence as frequent travel will be part of the role
This is a significant senior appointment for us as we endeavour to differentiate ourselves through an unparalleled omni-channel customer experience. Working seamlessly across sales, marketing and IT as well as being unfazed by regularly representing to the senior leadership team are key factors of the successful applicant. You must demonstrate exceptional organisational skills as well as a creative flair and a real enthusiasm for the role. Oh, and you'll love customers, and we mean really LOVE them.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.