National Training Development Manager (Driver Training)
£36,000-42,000 per annum + bonus + car
Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Nationwide (ideally based centrally)
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a National Training Development Manager working in the Optimise Services Department. You will grow our national driver training programmes, including apprenticeships and expand our product portfolio.
Optimise services delivers training and telematics products and services to corporate and private customers. As a National Training Development Manager, you'll be working from home, a local office or customer premises. The role involves developing and delivering LGV driver apprentice and development programmes along with growing our presence in the industry. You will manage relationships with existing customers and sell services to new customers ensuring they get the best results from our products and services. You will follow up departmental sales leads, including your own, demonstrating the benefits the customers are getting from the product/s and how the customer can gain further improvements. You will also carry out market research and identify industry forums to join or present to. Understanding the competitions is also important.
Scania Driver training is based across the UK in 10 locations, operating a fleet of over 20 modern LGV trucks both artic and rigid. We delivery around 10,000 training days per annum, including licence acquisition, Driver CPC, apprenticeships, remote driver coaching, product training and fuel efficiency programmes. Our sales and administration team is based at our head office in Milton Keynes.
* Develop the driver training proposition, particularly in the apprentice arena, linking to telematics products
* Continually monitor competitor and industry activity in order for Scania to be at the leading edge.
* Develop strategies with our customers that deliver tangible benefits to them through the use of our products and services
* Maintaining regular and professional contact with customers and prospects.
* Actively utilise and maintain customer data within Scania CRM system.
* Ensuring professional and consistent handling of contract documentation.
* Develop internal customer relations to optimise After Sales and Support Programmes product penetration – New Sales, Used Equipment Sales etc.
* Ensure a quality customer focus is maintained to support the Scania brand values.
* Manage your own diary and the completion of administration tasks that relate to the services or products sold.
Key requirements for the role:
* Proven sales experience
* Proven knowledge of apprentice and adult training and coaching programmes
* Understand and comply with the legislation relating to apprentice programme
* Driver with full car licence
* Able to work on own or in a team environment
* Demonstrable planning skills
* Excellent communication and listening skills
* Enjoy working with customers and building relationships
* A positive attitude
* Proven customer service values
* Flexibility and quick thinking
* Perseverance and the ability to respect customers' answers
* Well-organised and thorough, even under pressure
* Enjoy working within a target-driven team environment
* Excellent PC skills including knowledge of word/excel/PowerPoint and Customer Relationship (CRM) packages
* Confident with ability to work on own initiative
Excellent benefits package including company car, pension scheme, complementary life insurance, company I-phone, financial incentive schemes, childcare vouchers, free on-site parking, subsidised restaurant, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**