A respected automotive group is currently looking for a MET Technician to join their team based local to Romford. On a daily basis you will be required for identifying the damaged mechanical and electronic components on vehicles and you will also be responsible for dismantling, rebuilding and installing the new components to the vehicles. This will be working for a fantastic company that take pride in their work and give their employees the best working environment.
As a MET Technician you'll be responsible for…
- Accurately assessing and identifying the extent of the damaged vehicles as well as detecting and diagnosing any additional faults for further repairs
- Upon inspection you will need to dismantle, rebuild and install new components accordingly in a safe and economical manger
- Being able to correctly report all components, materials, consumables and hours that are used on each vehicle whilst in repair
- Ensuring the alignment equipment is used accurately as well as welding and soldering equipment
- Keeping the work area, clean, tidy and clear of any hazards
- Undertaking any other tasks given by the Bodyshop Manager or any other members of staff
- Complying to all Health and Safety polices
Ideal skills and experience
- A qualified MET Technician qualified to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Confident, with the ability to work on a wide range of makes and models of vehicle, demonstrating an understanding of customer expectations in relation to the repair process
- Previous experience as a Mechanical Electrical Technician within a bodyshop is preferred
- Excellent knowledge on wheel alignment
- The ability to work within a high-pressured environment while working to high standards
- Full UK Driving Licence
What will you receive as MET Technician?
A fantastic basic salary of between £21,000 - £23,000 plus an achievable bonus
Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm plus Saturday morning on a rota (paid as overtime)
Over time paid as £12 per hour
Full brand training and development
25 days holiday
Company pension scheme
HCP International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.