12 months ago
LGV/Plant Technician - Manchester - Various Shift Patterns available
The successful applicant will be required to repair, service and maintain their modern fleet of vehicles in their workshop based at the Company's depot in Trafford Park, Manchester..
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Diagnostic fault finding, in house and at roadside.
* Repair of diverse fleet of RCV and associated plant and equipment
* Liaising with service providers for technical data
* Deal with breakdown providers
* Parts ordering
* Welding skills
* Body work repairs
* Six weekly PMI inspections
* Prepare wagons to MOT standard
* Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems
* Assist in training of apprentices
* Provide cover for Plant Engineer
* To ensure that all work is done in accordance with statutory obligations and company policies
* Assist team members when required
* Complete paperwork in an accurate manner
* Maintaining good housekeeping
* Able to work on own initiative with rapid, clear decision making.
* Tenacious, resilient, rapid problem solver. Able to work under pressure and deadlines
* Good oral communications and written note keeping
* Team Player and able to take on and delegate work quickly
A current, preferably clean, driving licence is essential and LGV entitlement would be a distinct advantage.
This position offers a competitive salary with staff status and related benefits. If you feel that you can contribute to our continued success, please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com
All information received will be treated with the utmost confidentiality
You can expect a competitive basic salary, Overtime paid at time and a half, training and development, a positive working environment and a future career path.
Consultant: Andrew Hodson
HGV, Heavy Goods Vehicle, Bin Lorr*, RCV, Refuse Collection Vehicle, Municipal, Dust Cart, LGV, "Commercial Vehicle", Fitter, Mechanic, Engineer, Technician, Irtec, Loler Test, Hydraulic, Switchgear