Toyota (GB) Plc is the UK sales & marketing function of Toyota Motor Corporation, one of the world's largest car manufacturers. The Legal & Compliance department are responsible for managing the legal affairs and compliance requirements of the company.
Reporting to the General Manager (General Counsel) of Legal & Compliance, the role will support TGB's Senior Management in monitoring operations, risk management and control as well as the external and internal control and management system (including SOX, ISO and internal audit).
The successful candidate should be capable of collecting and analysing information and be adaptable by nature. They will need to ensure strict conformity with rules, systems and protocol. They should demonstrate an ability to work with competence in administrative, specialist and technical areas and demonstrate persistence to see a job through to conclusion, in a logical and systematic manner.
Standard operating procedures are important aspects of this role and as such, it will require an individual who is organised, structured, self- controlled and capable of communicating facts within the required area of knowledge and expertise. The person fulfilling this role should be consistent in approach, analytical, consultative, precise and compliant.
- Carrying out regular audits of all business areas in order to ensure compliance with existing internal and external requirements. Regular follow up of audit findings with internal stakeholders.
- Carrying out thorough management testing of controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act. To involve testing and reporting of IT, Finance, Revenue & Receivables and Control Environment.
- Supporting the existing audit function: (1) auditing existing management systems held by TGB including OHSAS18001, ISO9001 and; (2) supporting the move toward re-certification to 2015 ISO standards; (3) development and maintenance of audit programs, audit procedures, and audit checklists.
- Consultation/advice with regard to aspects of internal controls and their effectiveness and efficiency; taking the lead for Internal Control & Risk Management (ICRM).
- Support the General Manager in broadening the existing coverage of the internal audit function, to include future compliance requirements.
- Support of external auditors in the course of the statutory audit.
- Utilisation of audit software tools to document SOX and internal audit results.
- Adherence to the Toyota Way principles including Kaizen for continuous improvement of processes.
- Able to expand the role and influence of the Legal & Compliance team.
- Any other appropriate duties as required by line manager.
- Knowledge of compliance standards (Sarbanes Oxley Act) Sound IT skills (e.g. MS office, Audit Software – e.g. ACL etc.)
- Experience as an internal or external auditor
- Previous experience of reporting and control sheet preparation
- Knowledge of relevant ISO standards
Education & Qualifications (Beneficial):
- Degree (business economy studies with focus on auditing) and/or respective business career.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIA qualified
- Full or part qualified as an auditor (e.g. CA, CPA, CIA or ACA).