4 months ago
Industrial Placement - IT
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world. At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride. This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
Triumph Motorcycles Ltd are now recruiting for a high calibre undergraduate, for a 12-month work placement within the IT Department, commencing Summer 2018.
The successful candidate will work within the IT Operations Support team, in the role of supporting Triumph’s IT users worldwide and will also be involved with some project work. Working within the IT Department there will be the opportunity to work closely with the Operations Support Team assisting Triumph’s IT users based worldwide.
The placement will also involve project work combined with every day technical work such as setting up new user profiles or monitoring of WAN. Preferred area of study is an IT Management degree, Servers degree, and Networking degree’s, and should be on track to achieve a 2:1.
• First line IT support, answering and logging IT Service Desk calls (from Users in the UK and other countries)
• Deliver a high standard of customer service
• Troubleshooting of IT issues and problems reported to the IT Service Desk.
• Ensure all calls are completed in a timely manner and to users satisfaction.
• Undertake regular system checks, identify any problems and seek rectification.
• User profile setup/Administration
• Regular checks of Mailsweeper (checking and releasing emails).
• Ordering of IT consumables, booking-in & out of loan equipment.
• Setting up and configuring mobile telephones & laptops.
• Monitoring of LAN & WAN
• Placement & chasing of fault calls to external support.
• Currently studying an IT related degree
• IT literate, expertise in standard packages - Microsoft Office
• Experience or knowledge of Microsoft System Centre would be an advantage
• Confident and personable
• Good telephone manner
• Good problem solving ability
• Team player
• Good attention to detail
• Comfortable in liaising with members of staff at all levels
• A realistic salary is paid during the period of employment.
Please note that this role is only open to Undergraduates who need to undertake a year out in industry as part of their degree course
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Free Parking, Subsidised Canteen etc. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.