Our client a well-respected High end Prestige Independent Dealer in the SW area of London is looking for an experienced Prestige Diagnostic Technician to join their successful dealer.
This is a very unique opportunity in a progressive company with good career prospects.
• Are you a qualified Prestige Technician looking for a new challenge?
• Do you have a proven diagnostic background within the motor trade?
• Have you got the ability to work on a variety of Prestige/High end Vehicles?
• Would you like to work for a highly respected independent dealer?
If YES then this is the role for you............
• Receive repair orders from Workshop Controller/Service Advisor.
• Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair.
• Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy.
• Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
• Save, tag and return to the parts department all parts involved in warranty repair and obtain a receipt stamp for said parts.
• Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is requested.
• Advice service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
• Document work performed and recommended on the repair order. Upon completion of work return repair order to Workshop Controller/Service Advisor.
• Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician, keeping in mind that customer' vehicles should not be used for personal errands. Always road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed.
• Ensure that customers' cars are kept clean, undamaged, and without changes to the comfort, convenience systems or audio system settings. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
• Keep shop area neat and clean and be able to account for all dealer owned tools at all times.
• Understand, keep up to date, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that affect service operations such as; safety rules and procedures, hazardous waste disposal, OSHA right-to-know, etc.
• Wear appropriate PPE, including regular use of company provided safety goggles.
• Appropriately and safely operate all tools and equipment as mandated through safety training. Report any safety, equipment defects or malfunction issues to management immediately.
• Attend all dealership and service department meetings when requested.
The working hours will be Monday to Friday 8.30am-6pm, along with alternate Saturday mornings 9am-1pm.
For further details on this role and other jobs in the motor trade in the London, area please contact Karen Edser of JGA Automotive Ltd.