HGV Trailer Technician
£20,000 to £21,000
Twilight Monday to Friday 12.00 to 20.30
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a HGV Trailer Technician.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
Based at our Bellshill Branch.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
* Refurbish customer trailers using appropriate equipment and tools in a safe and economical manner
* Remove wheels, clean, paint and re-fit them
* Clean all rust and dirt from the tail lift and re-paint
* Repair any curtains, runners and rear door fittings
* Clear rust and dirt from front bulkhead and air/electric fittings and re-paint
* Repair any damaged floor runners
* General workshop duties
* Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises
* Ensure all aspects of H&S working practices are adhered to
* Repair & Inspect Trailers to MOT Standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to actively seek solutions to problems, both technical and operational
* A logical approach to the task in hand
* The ability to organise work on own initiative and work under pressure
* Truck and Trailer experience
* Compliance to health and safety regulations
* An ability to work as part of a team.
* Competent PC user
* Full UK driving licence
* Knowledge of the ADP Autoline IT system
Education and/or Experience
* Recognised engineering qualification i.e. HND, City & Guilds Full technicians Certificate, Institute of Road Transport Engineers (section C)
Excellent benefits package, pension scheme, financial incentive schemes, childcare vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual, determination, integrity, team spirit and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**