HGV Maintenance Technician | Mechanic
£34,000 OTE + Bonus + Benefits
Rotating Shift pattern - Monday to Thursday 06:00-14:30, Friday 06:00-13:30 / Monday to Thursday 13:30-22:00, Friday 13:30-21:00
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HGV Maintenance Technician | Mechanic who takes pride in providing excellent customer service and has a passion for working with the best.
Based at our Thirsk branch, you will have the opportunity to carry out service, maintenance and repairs to a full range of premium heavy commercial vehicles within a professional workshop. You will also receive excellent training at our bespoke training centre to develop you to the next level.
* Carry out routine inspections, maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to VOSA standard
* Carry out Scania maintenance related work using Scania PC diagnostics
* Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises
* Liaise with parts department to attain parts
* Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
* Ensure appropriate clocking is made, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
* Maintain a thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses
Key requirements for the role:
* Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ qualified technician) or proven experience repairing & maintaining vehicles
* Knowledge of ADP | Kerridge system preferred but not essential
* Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines
* Ability to work under pressure
* Ability to actively seek solutions to problems
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Good verbal communication skills
* Excellent customer care skills
* Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks
* Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements?
* LGV/HGV/PCV licence an advantage
* Bus and coach experience an advantage
Excellent benefits package including Pension Scheme, Complementary Life Insurance, Financial Incentive Schemes, Childcare Vouchers, discounts on major Retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; Customer first, Respect for the Individual and Quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly No recruitment agencies**