Automotive, Motor Trade Job: HGV Technician Required in Cardiff
Salary: Up to £28,392 Per Annum
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Motor Trade Jobs / Automotive Vacancies: HGV Technician for Commercial Vehicle Hire/Rental Company - Cardiff
Our client, a large Commercial Vehicle Hire/Rental Company in the Cardiff area, is currently looking to hire a fully qualified and experience Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Technician for their busy Service Department!
* To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within allocated time schedules.
* Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
* Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
* Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions.
* To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
* Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
* Promote the image of company.
* Performance of all work according to our client's standards/instructions
* All visual inspections, adjustment operations, replacement of worn/defective components
* Retrofitting of accessories and detachable body components
* Knowledge of deviations and extraordinary wear occurrences
* Self-reliant performance of simple repairs
* Complete extensive assembly work and repair operations (e.g. major units)
* Receive work instructions from job card/workshop controller
* Report any additional work or parts required
* Ensure that special tools and equipment are kept in good order and any problems are immediately notified for action
* Maintain work bays and surrounding areas are in a clean and tidy condition
* Ensure all company policies and procedures are met
For your hard work our client is offering a starting hourly rate up to £12 per hour (negotiable pending experience) over a minimum 40 hour working week. Our client also offers a £130 per month shift allowance, relevant training/development, 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, a workplace pension scheme, and fantastic career prospects with one of the largest vehicle hire/rental companies in the UK. You are required to work a rotating shift system where the hours worked are Monday to Friday 6:00am-2:00pm in your first week and Monday to Friday 2:00pm-10:00pm in the second week with Saturdays 8:00am-12:00am on a rota paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to Josh Buck quoting J63637- HGV Technician, Cardiff
Please remember to add your home phone number, mobile number, email address and full address to your CV. If this information is missing it slows down our process and may result in us not being able to contact you.
Perfect Placement UK Ltd is an employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973 (and amendments).
Copyright © Perfect Placement UK Limited 2016.
The reproduction, transmission or other use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Perfect Placement UK Limited's prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Please contact our office onif you wish to discuss this copyright.