6 months ago
Commercial/ Municipal Vehicle Mechanic/ Fitter - Camberley Area
The successful applicant will be required to repair, service and maintain their modern fleet of vehicles in their workshop based at the Company's depot in Camberley/ Guildford area.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Diagnostic fault finding, in house and at roadside.
* Repair of diverse fleet of RCV and associated plant and Municipal equipment
* Liaising with service providers for technical data
* Deal with breakdown providers
* Parts ordering
* Welding skills
* Body work repairs
* Six weekly PMI inspections
* Prepare wagons to MOT standard
* Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems
* Assist in training of apprentices
* Provide cover for Plant Engineer
* To ensure that all work is done in accordance with statutory obligations and company policies
* Assist team members when required
* Complete paperwork in an accurate manner
* Maintaining good housekeeping
* Able to work on own initiative with rapid, clear decision making.
* Tenacious, resilient, rapid problem solver. Able to work under pressure and deadlines
* Good oral communications and written note keeping
* Team Player and able to take on and delegate work quickly
A current, preferably clean, driving licence is essential and LGV entitlement would be a distinct advantage.
This position offers a competitive salary with staff status and related benefits. If you feel that you can contribute to our continued success, please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com
All information received will be treated with the utmost confidentiality
Salary: 31k - £33k + Overtime + Benefits
Consultant: Andrew Hodson
HGV, Heavy Goods Vehicle, LGV, Tractor Units, Trailers, "Heavy Commercial Vehicles ", "Commercial Vehicle", Refuse Collection Vehicle, Gritter, Sweeper, Fitting, Mechanical