13 days ago
HGV/ Municipal Technician - Eastleigh/ Hampshire Area - Good Salary and working environment
The successful applicant will be required to repair, service and maintain their modern fleet of vehicles in in and area around the Eastleigh, Winchester and surrounding areas.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Diagnostic fault finding, in house and at roadside.
* Repair of diverse fleet of RCV and associated plant and Municipal equipment
* Liaising with service providers for technical data
* Deal with breakdown providers
* Parts ordering
* Welding skills
* Body work repairs
* Six weekly PMI inspections
* Prepare wagons to MOT standard
* Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems
* Assist in training of apprentices
* Provide cover for Plant Engineer
* To ensure that all work is done in accordance with statutory obligations and company policies
* Assist team members when required
* Complete paperwork in an accurate manner
* Maintaining good housekeeping
* Able to work on own initiative with rapid, clear decision making.
* Tenacious, resilient, rapid problem solver. Able to work under pressure and deadlines
* Good oral communications and written note keeping
* Team Player and able to take on and delegate work quickly
If you have experience of working on Dust Carts, Gritters, Sweepers, LCV's, Council Vehicles etc this would be very much of interest.
A current, preferably clean, driving licence is essential and LGV entitlement would be a distinct advantage.
This position offers a competitive salary with staff status and related benefits. If you feel that you can contribute to our continued success, please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All information received will be treated with the utmost confidentiality
Salary: 33.5k + Overtime + Benefits
Consultant: Andrew Hodson
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
South East, Hampshire, Portsmouth, Southampton, Eastleigh
£25k - £30k
26 days ago
only 2 days until close
18 days ago
only 10 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close